2020 Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students: International students who are in their last lap of their Ph.D program are encouraged to apply for the James S. McDonnell Foundation (JSMF) Postdoctoral Fellowship Awards for the 2020 award year. The program’s emphasis is on the development and application of the theory and tools used in the study of complex research questions and not on specific fields of human endeavours.
The fellowship affords the students the opportunity to acquire new skills and experience in a multi-disciplinary field to include areas of complex sciences. The James S. McDonnell Foundation 21st Century Postdoctoral Fellowship Award in Understanding Dynamic and Multi-scale Systems is intended to provide students in the final stages of completing a Ph.D. degree more freedom in identifying and securing postdoctoral training opportunities.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): James S. McDonnell Foundation
Fellowship to be taken at: USA
Fellowship level: Post-Doctoral
Fellowship Worth: $200,000 USD
Subject Eligibility: Complex Systems Science
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The fellowship is for international students.
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the 2020 Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- The JSMF Fellowship is a unique opportunity for students with an interest in and an aptitude for complexity science who are in the final stages of completing their Ph.D. and having the passion to make impactful change in direction for their first postdoctoral fellowship (field of study, model organism, theory vs experiments, etc) that will either be difficult or impossible without the assistance of an external sponsor.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong academic and leadership track record and must be able to interact with people of diverse culture, religion and race.
- Applicants must be willing to return to their home country to contribute their quota to the development of their immediate society.
- Centre for the Study of African Economies Visiting Fellowships for African Scholars, 2021
- Development Scholarship for International Students in Czech Republic, 2020
Application Procedures for the 2020 Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students
Application process involves two phases. The first phase is to be completed by the student applicants while the second phase is to completed by the Ph.D. mentor and other faculty member.
Applicants are to submit their contact information, application title, summary of 500 words maximum stating what he/she intends to gain from the fellowship and should be explicit as to how the applicant intends to broaden their complex systems training, A brief description of the student’s current research written in essay format (500 word maximum). Applicants are also to submit a description of their postdoctoral research interests written in essay format (2500-word maximum), and the student’s curriculum vita of not more than 2 pages in PDF format.
Application Deadline: June 12th, 2020