2020 PhD Research Scholarship for International Students at Norway: Applications are hereby invited by NHH Norwegian School of Economics for the PhD Research programme in the field of Economics. The research programme in Economics aims at giving dedicated graduate students a robust training in performing high quality scientific research in economics that will employ modern empirical and theoretical techniques. PhD research scholars are provided with personal computers, printer access, extensive library resources, and a wide range of software.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): NHH Norwegian School of Economics
Scholarships to be taken at: Norway
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
Scholarship level: PhD Level
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fees, £14,570 for living expenses
Subject Eligibility: Labour Economics, Behavioural Economics, Development Economics, Experimental Economics, Industrial Organization, Macroeconomics
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholarship is for international students
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the Scholarship, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be holders of Master of Science (MSc) or comparable degree relevant for your specialisation (e.g. MSc in Economics and Business Administration, Social Sciences, Psychology, Philosophy, Mathematics, Engineering, Industry, Management, Law).
- Applicants must normally have completed a 5-year master’s degree programme. Minimum B (4) in Grade Point Average (GPA), five-point scale (A=five, B=four, C=three, D=two, E=one). Minimum B (4) on your master thesis.
- Applicants must possess adequate level of academic and English language proficiency. This may however require the applicant to submit specific documentation by proficiency tests.
- Applicants are to upload the following documents:
- Certificate of a Master of science degree or equivalent (please include transcripts of grades)
- Certificate of a Bachelor degree or equivalent (please include transcripts of grades)
- Other relevant certificates or transcripts (e.g. courses completed at the PhD level)
- If the issuing authority of grades and degrees does not use the ECTS grading scale, please include an official description of the applied grading scale system
- Statement of purpose describing your motivation for applying this position (250-300 words)
- Tentative research proposal (2000-4000 words) describing the aims, objectives, research questions, and elaborating on your motivation for pursuing the proposed area of research. Please note that your research project is tentative and often needs adjustments after acceptance into the programme
- A list of all publications and/or other documented research activities
- Contact details of two referees
- A letter of recommendation may however strengthen an applicant’s application, but not compulsory. The referees should send their letters of recommendation to email@example.com
- University of Canberra Merit Scholarship for International Students in Australia, 2019
- Scholarships for international Undergraduate and Masters Students at Huddersfield
Application Procedures for the 2020 PhD Research Scholarship for International Students at Norway
Applicants are to visit the official application webpage and complete the online application form while also ensuring that they upload the required supporting documents.
Application Deadline: January 15th, 2020