The World Food Programme (WFP) has a number of career opportunities and is currently inviting applications from students of developing countries for it’s internship programme in some of it’s core service areas.
WFP – The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Company/Organization: United Nations World Food Programme
Program Type: Student Internship
Program Targeted at: female applicants
Program Duration: 8months
Slots: Not stated.
Country Eligibility: Developing countries
Also See: World Food Program (WFP) Career Opportunities, Policy Interns in Kenya
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Currently enrolled in a University postgraduate program with at least 12 months of graduate studies completed, or recently graduated (within the past six months), in the field of Statistics, Maths, Economics, Agric-Economics, Social Sciences or a related field.
- Experience: Basic knowledge of research methods and survey methodologies.
- Skills: Proficient in the use of statistical software packages (SPSS/ STATA/ R); advanced computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; basic understanding of databases; basic knowledge of GIS; and basic code writing skills.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Fluency in Hausa is a plus.
The purpose of this female internship programme is to build WFP employer brand as an employer of choice among university students, bolster female staff representation and build the national talent pipeline for WFP’s future requirements. The programme is also expected to promote a better understanding of the United Nations among the participants through experience in the World Food Programme and Improve youth employability though providing an opportunity for work experience to female fresh graduates, and university students.
Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
We are seeking to fill the position of a Statistician Intern based in Abuja. Under the direct supervision and technical guidance of the Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping Officer in the Research, Assessment, and Monitoring (RAM) Unit, the intern will assist the unit with the following tasks:
- Support the design and implementation of food security, nutrition, and outcome monitoring surveys while ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained;
- Support the curation and analysis of food security and nutrition survey data including the preparation of reports and other food security-related products to support operational decision making;
- Support data management and storage of all assessment data on RAM’s Data Library and other similar cloud-based platforms, following corporate standards and guidelines;
- Contribute to the development of data processing pipelines to automatically ingest, clean, aggregate, and visualize data;
- Support broader efforts to ensure timely provision of technical support internally (to various units) and externally (to relevant partners) that are addressing food security and nutrition issues by sharing experiences, lessons learned and best practices;
- Leverage free learning resources (WeLearn) within WFP to harness knowledge and skills on food security analysis;
- Support other ad hoc requests as required.
Also Check: Fresh Job Vacancies at United Nations World Food Programme
- Interns will receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$942, paid in local currency according to the prevailing United Nations exchange rate.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from the WFP internship location, necessary visas, and costs related.
Interested candidates should: click here to start application
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
Application Deadline: 13 September 2021
I want to study in canada