The World Health Organization (WHO) internship program 2022 is now open for applications. Candidates from across the world are invited to express their interest in specific areas of work and organizational locations (regional offices, country offices or headquarters). If you ever dreamt of a paid internship opportunity with WHO, here is the chance to apply.
WHO as the leader in global public health issues is committed to building a diverse pool of future leaders in public health. WHO’s Internship Programme offers a wide range of opportunities for graduate and postgraduate students to gain insight in the technical and administrative programmes of WHO while enriching their knowledge and experience in the health field, thereby contributing to the advancement public health.
Program Type: Paid Internship
Location: country offices, regional offices or headquarters (worldwide)
Duration: six to twenty four weeks
Target Group: Undergraduate Students, Graduate Students and Young Graduates
Nationality: WHO Member Countries
Also, Apply: NIGINTERN Program, Fully Funded Summer Internship in Japan
WHO Internships 2022-2023 | OBJECTIVES
The objectives of WHO internship program are generally as follows;
- Provide a framework for assigning postgraduate students from diverse academic backgrounds to WHO programmes that can enhance their educational experience through practical assignments.
- Expose students to the work of WHO.
- Provide WHO programmes with input from students specializing in various fields. Most students are placed in health-related programmes, although other disciplines can be considered as appropriate such as communication, external relations or human resources.
- Age: You are at least twenty years of age on the date of application.
- Education: You are enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to a formal qualification (undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate), in a public health, medical or social field related to the technical work of WHO, or in a management, administrative, communications, or external relations-related field. Applicants who have already completed a qualification may also qualify for consideration, if they apply to the internship within six months following the completion of the formal qualification. You have completed three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution prior to starting (bachelor’s level or equivalent) the internship.
- Languages: You are fluent at least in one of the working languages of the office of assignment.
- Family relation: You are not related to a WHO staff member (e.g., son/daughter, brother/sister, or mother/father).
- Nationality: You hold a valid passport of a WHO Member State.
- Other: You have not previously participated in WHO’s Internship Programme.
- United Nations Graduate Study Programme for Young Graduates
- University of Tokyo Summer Internship Program (Fully Funded)
- World Bank Group (WGB) Graduate Internship Program 2022
How to Apply: All applications for WHO Internships 2022-2023 must be made through the internship position vacancy notices posted on the WHO Careers site using the WHO online recruitment system (Stellis). There is no possibility to apply for an internship at WHO outside Stellis.
- WHO internship opportunities are currently in limited numbers due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic and the confinement measures in place in several countries.
- It is now very competitive because of the limited number of opportunities available at a time
- Offers may resume depending on the evolution of the pandemic in each duty station. Please monitor the Internship Vacancies page to have more information.
- It is important to Sign Up for updates by email so as not to miss any opportunity
Application Deadline: Varies by vacancies
I am NIRINA KAMARIA in Antananarivo Madagascar. I am in my 2nd year as student of Computer and Engineering.
I am very much interested to do internship from UN.
kindly send me the application so that I can apply.
Hello Nirina, you may wish to visit the WHO Career site to check out the positions available. regards
I am an Engineer with 12 years of experience,and very much interested to do internship from WHO!
Kindly send me the application link so that I can apply.
Hello Sajid, Visit the WHO Careers site to search for current vacancies posted on the internships section.