The World Health Organization (WHO) internship program 2021 is now open for applications. Candidates from across the world are invited to express their interest in specific areas of work and organizational locations (regional offices, country offices or headquarters). If you ever dreamt of a paid internship opportunity with WHO, here is the opportunity.
WHO as the leader in global public health issues is committed to building a diverse pool of future leaders in public health. WHO’s Internship Programme offers a wide range of opportunities for graduate and postgraduate students to gain insight in the technical and administrative programmes of WHO while enriching their knowledge and experience in the health field, thereby contributing to the advancement public health.
Program Type: Paid Internship
Location: country offices, regional offices or headquarters (worldwide)
Internship Targeted at: young graduates, graduate and postgraduate students
Internship Duration: six to twenty four weeks
Country Eligibility: worldwide eligibility
WHO Internship 2021 | OBJECTIVES
The objectives of WHO internship program are generally as follows;
- Provide a framework for assigning postgraduate students from diverse academic backgrounds to WHO programmes that can enhance their educational experience through practical assignments.
- Expose students to the work of WHO.
- Provide WHO programmes with input from students specializing in various fields. Most students are placed in health-related programmes, although other disciplines can be considered as appropriate such as communication, external relations or human resources.
Who can Apply for WHO Internship 2021 | ELIGIBILITY
- You are at least twenty years of age on the date of application.
- You are enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to a formal qualification (graduate or postgraduate) (applicants who have already graduated may also qualify for consideration provided that they apply to the internship within six months after completion of their formal qualification).
- You have completed three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing (bachelor’s level or equivalent) the assignment.
- You possess a first degree in a public health, medical or social field related to the technical work of WHO or a degree in a management-related or administrative field.
- You are not related to a WHO staff member (e.g., son/daughter, brother/sister, or mother/father).
- You are fluent at least in one of the working language of the office of assignment.
- You have not previously participated in WHO’s Internship Programme.
- You hold a valid passport of a WHO Member State.
- United Nations Graduate Study Programme for Young Graduates
- Vacancy for Public Health Associate at CHAI in Vietnam
- University of Tokyo Summer Internship Program 2021 for Students (worldwide)
How to Apply: To apply for the WHO Internship 2021, please follow the steps below;
Step 1: Search for Opportunity
Visit the WHO Careers site to search for current vacancies posted on the internships section. You can search by location.
Step 2: Submit Application
If you have found a desirable internship position that suits your eligibility, click to apply online using the WHO corporate recruitment system (Stellis).
You will be required to ‘Login’ or create a profile as a ‘New User’.
Application Deadline: Varies by vacancies
- WHO internship opportunities are currently in limited numbers due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic and the confinement measures in place in several countries.
- It is now very competitive because of the limited number of opportunities available at a time
- Offers may resume depending on the evolution of the pandemic in each duty station. Please monitor the Internship Vacancies page to have more information.
- It is important to Sign Up for updates by email so as not to miss any opportunity