Students of all nationalities are welcome to apply for NIGINTERN Program 2021 – an internship aimed at pre-final-year students in life sciences and related discipline. Successful applicants gets all necessary funding including flight tickets from home country to Japan for the six (6) weeks internship program (June 17 – July 28 , 2021).
National Institute of Genetics (NIG)/ Department of Genetics, SOKENDAI offers a research internship program for undergraduate and postgraduate students who wish to gain research experience in genetics and related fields in life sciences. Intern students will conduct independent research under the mentorship of a host investigator at NIG.
Company/Organisation: National Institute of Genetics (NIG), Japan
Program Type: Student internship
Internship Location: Japan
Internship Targeted at: Undergraduate and postgraduate Students
Internship Duration: Six (6) weeks
Slots: Not stated.
Subject Eligibility: Life sciences
Country/Candidate Eligibility: All nationalities
NIGINTERN Program 2021 in Japan DETAILS
The program includes training on scientific research, scientific communication, and lab visits to discuss with individual principal investigators. At the end of the program, participants will give a presentation on their experience as the “NIGINTERN Reports Symposium”. NIG will issue a certificate to those who have successfully completed the program.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- NIGINTERN program welcomes applications from any country / nationality
- Applicants must be interested in life sciences and be in the prefinal-year at the time of application, i.e. in the 3rd year of a 4-year bachelor program, in the 2nd year of a 3-year bachelor program, in the 4th year of a 5-year program, in the 1st year of a 2-year master program, or in the 5th year of a 6-year program.
- Students who are interested in enrolling in our PhD program at NIG are encouraged to apply.
* Because of a highly competitive selection process, applications from non-prefinal students and prefinal students of a PhD course are not considered.
Program Benefits/Financial Support
- NIG will cover costs of airfare, local transportation fares between airport in Japan and NIG, lodging in the institute’s guesthouse, and travel insurance during the program.
- Allowance for meals (ca. 1,500JPY/day, subject to change) will also be provided.
- Please see these conditions and requirements before you begin application.
How-to-Apply: Applications NIGINTERN Program 2021 will be accepted only through the online application system. Please read “Application guideline” below carefully and follow the instructions.
Application Deadline: January 7, 2021 (Japan standard time, JST)
- Students interested in applying for this program must read, understand and agree to the conditions and requirements of the program.
- Due to the overwhelming number of applications, we do not reply to individual queries regarding this website, the selection status, and the results.