Undergraduate students worldwide are invited to participate in the summer internship program of the University of Tokyo – Japan. The University of Tokyo Summer Internship Program 2021 (UTSIP 2021) is scheduled to run June 6 (Mon) to July 16 (Fri), 2021 and open to undergraduate students worldwide.
UTSIP Kashiwa, initiated by the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences in 2013, provides a hands-on research internship program in the departments of Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Information Technology, International Studies, Materials Sciences, Advanced Energy, Ocean Science, Physics and Sustainability Science Studies.
Company/Organisation: University of Tokyo
Program Type: Student internship (Summer Program)
Program Targeted at: Undergraduates
Program Duration: 6 weeks
Slots: Approximately 20 students in total.
Country Eligibility: Worldwide (Students outside Japan)
University of Tokyo Summer Internship Program 2021 | ELIGIBILITY
To be eligible for UTSIP 2021;
- Participants must be in their undergraduate program at an overseas college or university throughout the entire duration of UTSIP program, and will not have completed their BA/BS degree.
- Participants who are considering matriculating to graduate level study at the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences or other graduate schools at The University of Tokyo, or elsewhere in Japan
- Participants are required to participate in all activities including classes, laboratory work, and special events organized by UTSIP.
Program Benefits/Financial Aid
UTokyo provides a UTSIP scholarship and accommodation to participants.
- UTSIP scholarship amount: JPY 110,000
If you have applied or will apply for a different scholarship, please mention this on the Application page. Some past UTSIP participants received a stipend from the following organizations. Applicants are encouraged to apply for financial aid.
- Friends of UTokyo, Inc. (FUTI)
- MIT-Japan program
- Honda Foundation
- UCLA Terasaki Center for Japanese Studies (from 2018)
How-to-Apply: In applying for the University of Tokyo Summer Internship Program 2021, you will adopt the following steps;
Step 1: Choose a professor/laboratory to work in from the host laboratory list
Step 2: Apply through the UTSIP online application system
Document Requirements (Summary):
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of your transcript
- Recommendation letter
- Certificate of Registration
- Certificate of English proficiency
- Copy of your passport
- Picture in digital data
Refer to this how to apply page for detailed guide and required application materials
Application Deadline: February 1 (Monday), 2021 by 17:00 Japan time