Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien) Helmut Veith Stipend: All eligible and committed International masters’ female students are hereby invited to apply for Helmut Veith Stipend Scholarship. This scholarship is available for masters students who wish to enroll in a research program at the Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien) – Austria for 2020/2021 academic session.
The Helmut Veith Stipend is awarded annually to motivated female students in the field of computer science who pursue (or plan to pursue) one of the master’s programs in Computer Science at TU Wien taught in English. This Scholarship is valued up to EUR 6000 annually for duration of up to two years and waiver of all tuition fees at TU Wien.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien) – Austria
Scholarships to be taken at: Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien) – Austria
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: Masters
Scholarship Worth: Full cost of tuition fee
Subject Eligibility: Master’s programs in Computer Science
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Female International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien) Helmut Veith Stipend;
- Applicants must be female international students.
- Students admitted into postgraduate degree program.
- The award is available for taught Master’s degree in Computer Science in Master in Logic and Computation, Master in Business Informatics, European Master in Computational Logic, Master in Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik), Master in Data Science, Master in Media and Human-Centered Computing.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Independent thinking, and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien) – Austria.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the TU Wien’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
Equally Check: Cranfield School of Management Scholarships in UK 2020
Application Procedures for Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien) Helmut Veith Stipend
Eligible candidates are required to submit the following documents:
Cover Letter, describing the type of funding the student is applying for, and all other aspects the student deems relevant for the application
Motivation Letter, describing the reasons why the student wants to study in the program Logic and Computation, why funding is necessary, and with which groups of the faculty the student would be interested to work with during their master’s thesis and why.
Reports on university examinations (transcripts)
Diplomas and/or certificates (first degree, bachelor degree, or higher), If the final academic certificate is not yet available at the time of the application deadline, a preliminary certificate (indicating the type of degree and the expected graduation date) signed and stamped by the degree-awarding university must be provided.
Contact details of two referees (for letters of recommendation)
English language certificate (TOEFL or similar)
Copy of passport
A certified translation needs to be provided for documents that are not in German or English. Your application must be submitted electronically to ta.sc-cigol@retsam with a subject “Application” as a single PDF document. The name of the PDF file needs to be “document.pdf”
Application Deadline: November 30, 2020