Vice-Chancellor’s Online Scholarship for International Students in New Zealand: This is an important and exceptional opportunity for international undergraduate students to apply for Vice-Chancellor’s Online Scholarship currently ongoing. This opportunity is highly competitive for international undergraduate students who wish to enroll in a degree program at University of Otago in New Zealand. This scholarship will be awarded to all eligible students applying for an eligible programme.
The Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships for International Students (Online) recognise the additional challenges currently faced by international students, and support students to commence their studies with Otago online in 2021. The Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for International Students (Online) provides a NZ$10,000 contribution towards the tuition fee for an undergraduate programme offered online in 2021.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Otago in New Zealand
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Otago in New Zealand
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: Undergraduate
Scholarship Worth: NZ$10,000 towards the tuition fee
Subject Eligibility: Please refers to subject eligibility (below)
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the Vice-Chancellor’s Online Scholarship for International Students in New Zealand;
- Applicants must be international students.
- Students admitted into undergraduate degree program.
Eligible Subjects: Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) – limited majors
Bachelor of Arts (BA) – limited majors
Bachelor of Arts and Commerce (BACom) – limited majors
- The award is available for undergraduate in various courses offered at the University.
- Based on academic merit
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- International students who are not New Zealand citizens or permanent residents; and
- Who are currently living outside of New Zealand; and
- Have gained university admission through:
- Completion of an internationally recognised qualification in New Zealand or at an overseas high school, such as A Levels, International Baccalaureate, or ATAR; or
- Meeting other international entrance requirements as outlined on the Otago website; and
- Have not normally completed any previous study at a New Zealand university; and
- Are eligible apply for, and are intending to enrol for full-time study in the first year of an undergraduate degree offered online in 2021.
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
- A high school transcript and/or GSE results (if your transcript is not in English, also require a certified translation).
- Applicants must have a High school certificate or equivalent.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner and as good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at University of Otago in New Zealand
- Application process based on merit and evidence of leadership.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Otago’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
You May Also Like: RMIT University Science Engineering and Health Scholarships in Australia
Application Procedures for Vice-Chancellor’s Online Scholarship for International Students in New Zealand
There is no formal scholarship application process. Students will be notified of the scholarship in their Offer of Place which will be followed by a scholarship letter.
Any eligible student that has already received an Offer of Place will be contacted by Otago’s Student Experience team and issued a scholarship letter.
Application Deadline: December 10, 2020