Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa: United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation announces its 2021 global Scholars Program. Eligible candidates are invited to apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2021 to study at United States International University-Africa.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa will provide full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants. By completion of their studies, scholars will be required to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation/ USIU-Africa
Scholarship to be taken at: USIU-Africa, Nairobi
Scholarship level: Undergraduate
Scholarship Slots: Not stated.
Scholarship Worth: Full Funding
Subject Eligibility: Please see eligibility criteria below.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Africans
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa 2021 | Details
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Eligibility Criteria: Only youth not exceeding 29 years old in the following categories qualify:
- Young women and men. Young women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Refugees and displaced youth;
- Youth with disabilities.
Additionally, Scholars must demonstrate the following qualities:
- Academic talent: They must value learning and have a personal motivation to complete their education. Must meet the university admissions requirement as per the Kenya Commission for University Education or its equivalent.
- Commitment to giving back: Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to improving their communities through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities.
- Leadership potential: Scholars must show commitment to becoming change makers, role models and mentors who embrace ethical leadership.
Eligible Courses: Must be interested in, and meet USIU admissions criteria and academic qualifications to undertake, any of the approved 11 undergraduate degree program for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa as follows:
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology;
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS)-Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business Administration (CSOB)- Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) -Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology)
- More information about the above highlighted degree programs can be found at the university website: undergraduate-programs/
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will receive holistic support which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees;
- Laptops, books and other learning materials;
- Reasonable accommodation and meals;
- Medical insurance;
- Transport to and from home;
- Access to leadership training;
- Access to entrepreneurial training;
- Psycho-social support, career counselling and mentorship;
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for.
How-to-Apply: To apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa;
- Interested applicants can download the application forms online or pick from Main Administration Building, Admissions Office, USIU-Africa at no cost.
- Submit completed application forms by email as an attachment, ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all required documents are clearly legible and send to: email@example.com Or
- drop at Main Administration Building, Admissions Office, USIU-Africa or post to:
Program Director, Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, USIU-Africa, P.O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi
Any queries can be directed through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +254730 116 218 or in person
Application Deadline: Closed