University of Essex Scholarships for Africans in UK: Applications are being invited from interested students to Study at University of Essex on scholarships. This particular scholarship is for students who wish to further their degree to Masters level in UK and wish to choose the university as their study destination.
If you’re an international student from an African nation and are self-funding your postgraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship of £4,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee.
- Advertisements -
- Advertisements -
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Essex, UK.
Scholarship Type: Full Masters Scholarships
Host Institution(s): University of Essex, UK.
Number of Awards: Several
Study level: Masters Degree Studies
Scholarship Worth: $4,000.
Nationality: African Students
University of Essex Scholarships for Africans | Eligibility Criteria
You must meet all of the following conditions.
- be classified as an international student for fee purposes
- be a national of an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union) and ordinarily resident in an African nation (see the full terms and conditions for definition of “ordinary residence”)
- be entirely self-funding your studies
- be a graduate of any African country, or any of the countries specified above
- be applying for a full-time Masters course starting in 2021-22 (excluding MBA)
- meet the academic criteria in the table below
Country Specific Requirements:
- Ghana: CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- Nigeria: CGPA 3/5 or above
- Other member states of the African Union: 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
You will also be considered for this award if you are a national of an African nation and you have a degree:
- from a recognised UK university, other than Essex, with a 2:1 or above, or
- from a recognised university with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) or from any of the following countries:
- Hong Kong
How-to-Apply: It is required that you apply for admission to study at the University of Essex and if you meet the eligibility stated above, you will be automatically considered for the scholarship. You don’t need to complete an application form.
Your eligibility will be assessed based on the academic transcripts and certificates that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.
Application Deadline: September (Annually)