Interested Africans are currently invited from to apply for the University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship 2022/23 to Study in UK. The Africa scholarship programme is for African students who wish to further their degree to Masters level in UK and wish to choose the university as their study destination.
If you’re an international student from an African nation and are self-funding your postgraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship of £4,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Essex, UK.
Scholarship Type: Full Masters Scholarships
Host Institution(s): University of Essex, UK.
Number of Awards: Several
Study level: Masters Degree Studies
Scholarship Worth: $4,000.
Nationality: African Students
Eligibility Criteria | Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship 2022/23
You must meet all of the following conditions to be considered for the University of Essex Scholarships for Africans;
- These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded.
- Students must be ordinarily resident (see the terms and conditions below for the definition of ordinary residence) in an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union).
- These scholarships may be awarded to applicants who have completed relevant school or university studies in one of the specified countries above.
- Applicants must have been awarded an undergraduate degree with the grade specified or above. A higher Masters grade cannot be taken to compensate for a lower Bachelors grade;
- Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM, MFA and MRes degrees and start in October 2022 and January 2023.
- Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 16 September 2022 (for October 2022 start) or 06 January 2023 (for January 2023 start) and met the academic conditions of entry, will be considered for these scholarships.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Essex scholarships.
- This scholarship is available for the first year of Masters study only;
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
Country Specific Requirements:
- Ghana: CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- Nigeria: CGPA 3/5 or above
- Other member states of the African Union: 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
How-to-Apply: It is required that you apply for admission to study at the University of Essex and if you meet the eligibility stated above, you will be automatically considered for the scholarship. You don’t need to complete an application form.
Your eligibility will be assessed based on the academic transcripts and certificates that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.
Application Deadline: September (Annually)