University of Basel Biozentrum PhD Fellowships Program is currently open for applications. The Biozentrum encourages talented, ambitious and highly motivated young scientists from all over the world to apply for the prestigious and sought-after fellowships offered by the Biozentrum Basel International PhD Program.
The fellowships offer direct access to the PhD program of the Biozentrum, University of Basel, additional financial support, a rotation-based selection of the research group, and support for the attendance of scientific meetings and courses during the PhD.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Werner Siemens-Foundation & University of Basel
Host Institution(s): University of Basel, Switzerland
Fellowship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: 10
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
Apply Also: Stanford University Knight-Hennessy Scholars Fellowships 2023 (Fully-funded)
University of Basel Biozentrum PhD Fellowships | DETAILS
The aim of the fellowships which are sponsored by the Werner Siemens-Foundation and the University of Basel is to select and promote highly talented graduate students in the area of Life Sciences.
In contrast to many other PhD student programs that aim at a broad recruitment of many candidates, the Biozentrum PhD Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis to a maximum of 10 successful candidates per year.
Recipients are offered a unique rotation-based selection of a research group of choice and a number of other incentives that foster the scientific excellence and the career prospects of these PhD candidates.
To be eligible for the University of Basel Biozentrum PhD Fellowships Program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- You must hold or expect soon a university degree that qualifies you for a PhD program at the University of Basel (MSc and equivalent).
- In exceptional cases, outstanding students with a 4-year bachelor’s degree, typically from outside the Bologna system, are also eligible to apply. These will be able to complete a Master’s program on a fast-track at the University of Basel as part of their fellowship.
- In order to be eligible to receive the fellowship, candidates can neither be enrolled as a PhD student at the University of Basel nor have signed a PhD working contract at the University of Basel at the decision date of the respective fellowship call.
See Also: AAU International Fellowships for Graduate and Postgraduate Students
How-to-Apply: To be considered for the University of Basel Biozentrum PhD Fellowships Program, You can submit your application online. As the Summer Call 2023 is now open. Your application must include:
- Electronic copies of your diploma/MSc degree with grades and transcripts as pdf files
- CV or scientific résumé (maximum one page, pdf format)
- Names and contact information of 2 referees from your previous academic environment (usually faculty members). The referees will be contacted automatically and will be asked for a reference letter.
You will get further information about the application procedure as soon as you have submitted your application.
Application Deadline: May 25, 2023