EPFL Summer Research Program: Applications are invited from international students who are studying for their bachelor’s degree or 1st year master’s student in the life sciences to apply for the EPFL School of Life Sciences Summer Research Program.
Applicants are encouraged to apply so as to have an opportunity of joining research groups and experience what it means to be part of the thriving science community in Switzerland.
EPFL Summer Research Program | DETAILS
The program provides 8 weeks of lab experience to about 20-25 participants giving them access to scientific seminars, mentoring by faculty and scientific staff. It will afford the participants science related and personal development workshops as well as rich program of social activities. Participants will learn new techniques related to current health issues, improve their critical thinking and experimental design abilities, prepare for future independent research as a graduate student.
See Also: ETH Student Summer Research Fellowship In Computer Science
To be considered for the EPFL Summer Research Program 2022, applicants are to meet the following:
- Be currently enrolled in a university in biology, bio-physics, chemistry, bio-engineering, bio-informatics, quantitative biology, genetics courses or other life sciences related programs.
- Have a minimum of GPA equivalent to a 3.75/4.0 grade or higher.
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate work up to the first year of a master’s degree before the start of the program.
- Show a strong interest in pursuing a career in life sciences.
- Each participant receives CHF 3,200 to cover housing and living costs.
- Majority of travel costs to and from Switzerland is covered. The program reimburses up to CHF 1,000 for overseas flights and CHF 500 for shorter distances.
You May Like: DAAD University Summer Courses Scholarships for Foreign Students and Graduates 2022
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the EPFL Summer Research Program 2022 are submit the required documents in pdf format while applying online.
- CV (1-2 pages)
- Motivation letter (maximum 750 words).
- Explanation of lab choices (2-3 sentences per lab)
- University transcript or school official list of classes and grades
- Two letters of recommendation
- Basic life sciences understanding is essential; providing lab experience is a plus.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2022
I need to study scholar ship