Chevron is welcoming online applications from interested and highly motivated young graduates for the position of Mechanical Technician located in Warri, Delta State in Nigeria and Jurong Island, Singapore.
Program Location: Warri, Delta State, Nigeria & Jurong Island, Singapore
Program Duration: Permanent
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Diploma / NITEC / “O” Levels
Nationality: All Nationalities
Chevron Mechanical Technician Jobs | What to Expect
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Performs maintenance, repair, alignment and testing of rotating equipment and components such as compressors, chillers, centrifuges, pumps and gear boxes, mechanical seal, couplings etc.
- Performs maintenance servicing for pressure relief devices such as Pressure Safety Valve, Breather valves, Emergency hatches etc
- Supervises maintenance, cleaning, repair and handover of fixed equipment such as boilers, pressure vessels, storage tanks, piping, heat exchangers, fin fans, painting and insulation work etc,
- Reads and understands equipment drawings, datasheets, crane lifting plan, P & ID or other instructions.
- Determine materials, tools, manpower and methods required to complete the maintenance task.
- Develop Job Safety Risk Assessment for every work assigned. Ensure Safe Work Procedures are followed. Ensure safeguards are followed such as valid permit are issued, wearing prescribed Personal Protection Equipment etc.
- Liaise with operations for system handover. Liaise with other functions such as warehouse and equipment vendors for completion of urgent break-in work.
- Write post maintenance reports, communicate findings to relevant work groups. Follows and completes maintenance quality assurance checklist.
- Assist in troubleshooting equipment with operations and equipment vendors. Able to utilize and interpret manufacturer’s operation and repair manuals.
To be eligible for Chevron Mechanical Technician Jobs for Young Graduates, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must have NITEC/Higher NITEC/Diploma in mechanical engineering or related engineering discipline
- Preferably with at least 2 years of relevant working experience
- Preferably with background in oil & gas, petrochemical, and pharmaceutical industries
- Applicants must have Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Able to operate drilling and fixed hoist
- Able to thread piping and fittings for assembly, join PVC piping and tubing
- Able to perform hydro-test of fixed equipment or rotating equipment during integrity/leak test
- Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Input into CMMS details such as equipment history, time confirmation, work notification history. Provide feedback post maintenance for continuous improvement
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants for Chevron Mechanical Technician Jobs for Young Graduates should pleased apply online for this Position.
All interested applicants, please read the Data Privacy Notice before submitting application.
Application Deadline: July 19, 2022