Thailand International Postgraduate Programme 2020: Applications are invited from students globally for the Thailand International Postgraduate Programme (TIPP) for the 2020 edition of the Royal Thai Government funding programme, usually targeted at low and middle income countries around the world.
Believing that global challenges are best addressed by a concerted effort, Thailand has, therefore, been promoting sustainable development through fostering South-South cooperation and global partnership. It is in this spirit of constructive collaboration that they have offered training fellowships and postgraduate scholarships to developing partners across the world.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Royal Thai Government.
Scholarships to be taken at: Thailand
Scholarship Type: Full Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Postgraduate.
Scholarship Worth: (see scholarship benefits below).
Subject Eligibility: All postgraduate courses/programmes.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students
The following qualifications are expected for candidate to be eligible for the Thailand International Postgraduate Programme 2020;
- Candidates must be nominated by the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation in a country from the TIPP eligible countries/territories list. (See “List of Eligible Countries/Territories”)
- Candidates should be working in the area related to the course provided.
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree and/or professional experience related field or related to graduate degree.
- Candidates must have a good command of English.
- Candidates who English is not the first language and Bachelor’s degree was not taught in English have to pass an English Language proficiency test according to criteria announced by University regulations.
- It is recommended that candidates be less than 50 years of age.
- Candidates must have good physical and mental condition.
- TICA reserves the rights to revoke scholarship offered to awardees who violate rules and regulations.
- Other requirements apart from these will be under consideration by the University regulations.
The Royal Thai Government will bear the following expenses for successful candidates during their study in Thailand to include;
- Return economy class air ticket and airport pick – up service
- Tuition fee Cover.
- Accident and Hospitalization Insurance.
- Living allowance – Awardees will receive living allowance at the amount of 7,000 Baht per month. – Accommodation allowance – Awardees will receive accommodation allowance at the amount of 7,000 Baht per month in the regional province or 9,000 Baht per month in Bangkok and Phuket.
- Awardees will receive the settlement allowance at the amount of 6,000 Baht on their first arrival to Thailand.
- Books allowance – Awardees will receive books allowance at the amount of 10,000 Baht per year. (Only 4 semesters for Master’s degree)
- Thesis allowance Awardees are strongly recommended to make necessary data collection in relation to their proposed research topic, if it is to be done in their country, prior to coming to Thailand. Awardees will be given the thesis allowance as a lump sum amount of 20,000 Baht for compulsory fieldwork or data collection and a lump sum amount of 12,000 Baht for thesis printing or 8,000 Baht for independent study (IS) printing.
Application Procedures for the Thailand International Postgraduate Programme 2020 – How-to-Apply:
Step 1: The candidates must fill in the online application form on TICA website: Thailand International Cooperation Agency (TICA). Menu: Fellowships and Scholarships, Sub – menu: Thailand International Postgraduate Programme, Click on: TIPP 2020 (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSccoSVDLB5Kgg13jLTJBtL28Y_AuQB4YAvCLj6haWkNgmaAA/viewform?usp=pp_url)
Step 2: The candidates must be nominated by the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation (such as Ministry of Foreign Affairs) or by relevant central government agencies for which the nominated candidates currently work. Nomination must be in line with relevant rules and regulations of the nominating countries/territories. The National Focal Point will forward the nominated candidates’ documents to the Royal Thai Embassy/Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations/Royal Thai Consulate – General accredited to eligible countries/territories. Please prepare one (1) original with two (2) copies of each document as these following items:
- TIPP application form (Download at: http://www.tica.thaigov.net/main/en/relation/75500-TIPP-Application-form.html)
- Medical report
- Transcript of Bachelor’s degree (to show the courses that you have learnt throughout Bachelor’s degree)
- Certificate of Bachelor’s degree
- English test score (e.g. TOELF, IELTS)
- Recommendation Letter (At least 3 people)
- Thesis proposal or other documents (As university request)
See here for complete application procedures and for enquiries.
Application Deadline: June 30th 2020.