Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the TechGirls Programme for young women 2023 who are interested in developing their tech skills by participating in an interactive technology and computer camp.
TechGirls connects and supports the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics by providing them access and opportunities to advance their skills and pursue their dreams.
TechGirls Programme for Women 2023 | DETAILS
TechGirls is packed with skill-development workshops and interactions with America’s most innovative tech professionals as well as 40 hours of study at a Tech Camp with our partner the Center for Enhancement in Engineering Diversity at Virginia Tech. The TechGirls program offers a rich cultural immersion experience, improves the participants’ ability to enter tech fields and encourages them to pursue higher education in fields where women are underrepresented.
Equally, Check: 15 Best Tech Jobs for Graduates (2022)
To be considered for the TechGirls Programme 2023, applicants must meet the stipulated requirements:
- Are citizens of one of the eligible countries/territories and living in that country/territory at time of exchange.
- Are between the ages of 15 and 17 at the start of the exchange July 8th, 2023 (Born on or between July 9, 2005 and July 8, 2008);
- Have demonstrated advanced skills and a serious interest in science, technology, engineering, and/or math in their academic studies;
- Intend to pursue higher education and/or careers in STEM, especially technology;
- Have strong English language skills (advanced intermediate English skills);
- Exhibit maturity, flexibility, and open-mindedness;
- Will attend at least one additional semester of secondary school upon their return to their home country;
- Are committed to completing a community-based project upon their return home; and
- Meet U.S. J-1 visa eligibility requirements (for instance, U.S. citizens are not eligible for J-1 visa).
- Eligible candidates must be citizens and current residents of participating countries. Third country nationals permanently living in an eligible country should contact us to determine eligibility prior to applying.
- Preference will be given to those who have limited or no prior experience in the United States.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the TechGirls Programme 2023 are to complete an online application on or before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 16th December 2022