Research Training Program Scholarships for International Students in Australia, 2020: The University of Adelaide is pleased to announce the 2020 Australian Government Research Training (RTP) Scholarships to eligible and high performing students from any country of the world to advance their education through a Master’s or Doctoral degree by research program. Applicants who are undertaking research in areas of the University research strength will be given priority for the RTP scholarships.
Studying in The University of Adelaide, Australia gives students the edge over their counterparts in other universities as they as exposed to world-class learning and research facilities. Bright and promising international scholars are encouraged to apply for the Research Training Program Scholarship commencing in 2020.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australian Government
Scholarship to be taken at: The University of Adelaide
Scholarship level: Masters and PhD
Scholarship Worth: $28,092
Subject Eligibility: Full-Time masters and PhD programs at the University of Adelaide
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The Scholarship is for international students.
You may also like: International funding for Research At University of Sydney in Australia
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Research Training Program Scholarships for International Students in Australia, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be international students commencing a Masters or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Adelaide.
- Applicants with a qualification in progress will not be eligible for the scholarship until such qualification has been completed and acceptable evidenced provided or evidence of withdrawal has been provided.
- Applicants must have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian Honours degree that is recognized as a prestigious qualification that further develops research, writing and organizational skills as well as demonstrate the ability to undertake high-level study.
- Applicants must provide evidence of meeting the University of Adelaide’s English Language Proficiency Requirements for direct entry by the application deadline.
- Students who have been considered in two scholarship rounds within an 18 month period cannot be considered in any future scholarship round at the University of Adelaide.
- University of Sydney John Frazer Scholarship for International Students in Australia 2020
- International Scholarships in Australia at University of New South Wales, 2020
- Research Training Program Fee Offset: Provides a fee offset scholarship which covers the cost of tuition fees as a higher degree by research student of the University of Adelaide for the standard duration of the academic program (Research Master: up to 2 years; Doctor of Philosophy: up to 4 years). Any gap between RTP Fee Offset and the Tuition Fees charged is waived by the University of Adelaide for the standard duration of the academic program.
- Research Training Program Stipend: Provides a living allowance of AUD28.092 per annum for up to 2 years for a Research Master degree and up to 3 years (with a possible 6 month extension) for a Doctor of Philosophy. It is likely to be tax exempt, subject to Taxation Office approval.
- Research Training Program Allowance: Makes available financial support for overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy, plus relocation and publication expenses.
Application procedures for the Research Training Program Scholarships for International Students in Australia, 2020
Applicants are to submit application for ‘Admission and a Scholarship’ using the Online Application Form.
Application Deadline: 10th July, 2020