Queensland University of Technology International Merit Scholarship: An initiative of the Queensland University of Technology to support international students study in Australia – The International Merit Scholarship is available for future undergraduate and postgraduate students wishing to study at the university.
The Queensland University of Technology campuses offers high-quality learning, teaching and research spaces to better meet the needs of students, academics, and researchers. This is a highly successful Australian university with an applied emphasis in courses and research. While they are based in Brisbane, Queensland, they have a global outlook.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Queensland University of Technology, Australia
Scholarship to be taken at: Queensland University of Technology, Australia
Scholarship level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Scholarship Worth: Up to 50% tuition waiver
Number of Award: Not stated
Subject Eligibility: Subjects tenable at the university
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students
Queensland University of Technology International Merit Scholarship | GENERAL ELIGIBILITY
You must meet all the following requirements:
- completed a qualifying course with the required academic result
- meet minimum English language entry requirements for the degree program. If you complete a QUT pathway program for the purpose of satisfying QUT English language requirements, you may be eligible for this scholarship once you start your degree program
- receive an admission offer letter into one of the eligible courses offered by participating faculties.
You’ll receive either:
- a scholarship to cover 25% of your tuition fees for your first two semesters (one year) of study at QUT, provided you meet the minimum academic standards.
- available from all faculties.
- an ongoing scholarship to cover 25% of your tuition fees per semester of study at QUT, provided you meet the ongoing academic conditions for all eligible courses offered by:
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Creative Industries, Education and Social Justice
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Science.
The ongoing scholarship is not available for courses offered by the Faculty of Health.
Other benefits may include:
- scholarship award ceremony
- membership of the QUT College of Excellence.
How to Apply: Candidates need only apply for admission, no separate application is required for scholarship.
- First, choose student type/level and apply to study;
- If admission is offered into any of the courses listed above, then;
- We will assess your qualifications and let you know if you meet the criteria.
- What happens next?
- You will receive an award letter with your offer
- To receive the ongoing scholarship after your first semester, you must:
- Maintain a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 5.5 on the QUT 7-point scale throughout your course at QUT.
Application Deadline: On-going