Applications is now open for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) for 2023/2024 intake – a unique opportunity to study a two-years Master’s degree in low or middle-income country of the Commonwealth. If you are looking to get a fully-funded opportunity to study masters, then Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2023/2024 is a good chance for you.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Association of Commonwealth Universities
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Partner Universities (see below)
Scholarship Worth: Full Funding
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Nationality: Students of Commonwealth Countries
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2023/2024 |Eligibility Criteria
The scholarship is aimed at students from low or middle income commonwealth countries. The application form consists of the following sections:
- Personal Details
- Academic & Employment Record
- Course at host university details
- Upload supporting documents
The statement section is formed of three main statements which applicants need to provide.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2023/2024 will be offered for available/eligible masters degree courses at the following partner universities (please see official website for course details, link given below)
University of the South Pacific (Fiji)
- Courses: MA Applied Linguistics, MA Development Studies, MA Diplomacy & International Affairs, MA Environmental Management, MA Geography, MA Governance, MA History, MA Journalism, MA Linguistics, MA Literature, MA Major in Education, MA Marine Management, MA Mathematics, MA Pacific Studies, MA Politics/ International Affairs, MA Psychology, MA Social Policy, MA Sociology, Master of Agriculture (by thesis), Master of Commerce in Accounting (by thesis), Master of Commerce in Economics, Master of Commerce in Official Statistics, Master of Commerce in Population Studies & Demography, Master of Commerce in Professional Accounting, Master of Education, Master of Environmental Law, Master of Law, MSc Biology, MSc Chemistry, MSc Computing Science, MSc Earth Science, MSc Engineering, MSc Environmental Science, MSc Geospatial Science, MSc Information Systems, MSc Marine Science, MSc Mathematics, MSc Physics.
- Contact: email@example.com
Stellenbosch University (South Africa)
- Courses: MEng Process Engineeri ng, MPhil Peadiatrics, MPhil Infectious Diseases.
- Requirements: See website
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Pretoria (South Africa)
- Courses: Master Research courses and not coursework.
- Requirements: See website
- Contact: email@example.com
Tshwane University of Technology (South Africa)
- Courses: View courses
- Requirements: Refer to the university’s website for details on admission requirements.
- Contact: MohlalaMF@tut.ac.za
University of Colombo (Sri Lanka)
- Courses: MSc Molecular Life Sciences, MSc Cellular and Molecular Immunology.
- Requirements: Bachelors degree in Biological Sciences, Medicine, Dental Sciences, Veterinary Medicine, Agricultural Sciences and an online selection test.There is a cost associated with this test that will not be covered by the ACU. There is a cost associated with this test that will not be covered by the ACU. QECS applicants are eligible for a 50% discount and will need to pay USD 15. Contact the University of Colombo if you have any questions.Applicants are required to submit a university application at the same time as their scholarship application.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Sri Jayewardenepura (Sri Lanka)
- Courses: Master of Business Administration
- Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification and three years of managerial experience.
- Contact: email@example.com
You can apply to study any of the above listed masters degree courses at their respective universities.
- How-to-Apply: To apply for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2023/2024, review the information about institutions and their courses at the official website before completing an online application form.
- Also before you begin application, please refer to the Application Guidance for what is required (a guide on how to structure your statement of purpose) as well as what should be on the application form itself.
- If you already have a MyACU account, you can access the application form here. If you do not already have a MyACU account, please ensure that you first register for an account here and then follow the instructions in the registration email to log in to the system before accessing the application form.
- Application Deadline: 24 May 2023 at 16:00 UTC