Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships for Masters Students 2020/21: The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) is pleased to announce the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships in South Africa for citizens of Commonwealth member states for the 2020/2021 academic session. The scholarship is for a two-year masters research studies at eligible South African Host University.
QEC scholarships aims to support excellent students from a Commonwealth nation to gain a Master’s degree in his/her own chosen career path while also developing skills and experiencing life if another country. The scholarships are named in honour of Her Majesty The Queen, Head of the Commonwealth ad fully funded and supported by several commonwealth governments.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Association of Commonwealth Universities
Scholarship to be taken at: South Africa
Scholarship level: Masters
Scholarship Worth: See scholarship benefits
Subject Eligibility: Courses tenable at the South African Host universities
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The Scholarship is for students from the Commonwealth countries.
You may also like: 2020 Masters Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries in Ireland
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships for Masters Students 2020/21, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens of the commonwealth countries and be willing to study for a master’s degree at a South African university.
- Applicants must have obtained a bachelor’s degree with a 2:1 grade or its equivalent (or that will enable you gain admission to a postgraduate course) from a recognized university across the globe.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong leadership and academic abilities and be able to communicate with people of different culture, race and nationality.
- Tuition fees
- A living allowance
- An economy class return airfare to their Host country.
- An arrival allowance
- A research support grant- on request only and subject to approval.
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Masters Students to Study in UK |Ongoing
- University of Exeter Global Excellence Scholarships in UK
Application Procedures for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships for Masters Students 2020/21
Applicants are to visit the official website of the participating universities in South Africa and apply for admission to study their choice course. For some universities, applicants are to submit an application for admission at the same time of applying for the scholarship.
Applicants are to upload the following supporting documents during their application:
- High School certificate
- Undergraduate transcripts and graduating certificate
- Two references- preferably academic
- Scanned copy of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language proficiency for those whose official language is not English
- Complete a QECS application online.
Application Deadline: 14th July, 2020