PhD Scholarship in Healthcare Research at University of Technology Sydney: The faculty of Health, University of Technology Sydney is pleased to announce its PhD scholarships to candidates who is willing to work in the field of Adolescent and Young Adult health, or may choose to develop aspects of current work within the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Centre for Research Excellence (CRE) in Adolescent Health Portfolio.
The Scholarship will afford the successful applicant to conduct a study focused on the health and wellbeing of adolescents and young adults and their access and uptake of health services. The candidate will contribute to a program of work focused on optimizing services and young people’s access, particularly in relation to Emergency Department care, or may identify their topic within another aspect of current work within the CRE Adolescent Health Portfolio.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Technology Sydney
Scholarship to be taken at: Australia
Scholarship level: PhD
Scholarship Worth: $28,000 per annum, upto $3,000 to support travel and direct research costs.
Subject Eligibility: Healthcare Research.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for domestic students
You may also like: HDR Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students in Australia 2020
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the PhD Scholarship in Healthcare Research at University of Technology Sydney, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must possess a record of academic excellence and preferably, additional relevant research experience and/or peer-reviewed research activity, awards and/or prizes.
- Applicants must possess eligibility for enrolments in a PhD program at UTS, should possess an Australian Honours or Masters by Research degree
- Applicants must be willing to abide by the rules and regulations governing the conducts of students at the university.
Application Procedures for the PhD Scholarship in Healthcare Research at University of Technology Sydney
Applicants are to submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) to include the following:
- A personal statement (750 words maximum) outlining your suitability for undertaking a PhD, what you hope to achieve from your research and your research experience to date.
- The outline of a research proposal (maximum of 2 pages, including a statement of the research problem, its significance, and an outline of proposed research methods).
- Academic curriculum vitae including your qualifications, work, and research experience.
- Official academic transcripts (undergraduate and postgraduate), including master’s thesis results (if applicable).
- Evidence of research output (peer-reviewed publications) demonstrating your capacity to undertake independent research (if applicable).
- Proof of English proficiency (if not having completed a minimum of 5 years of study in Australia).
- Written references to include contact details for suitable academic referees (two required).
- Evidence of prizes, scholarships, and awards (certificates, statements of award).
- Faculty of Health International Merit Scholarship At QUT in Australia 2020
- Swinburne University of Technology Dean’s Scholarship for Masters Studies 2020
Shortlisted candidate should be available for a face-to-face interview. The successful candidate is then required to submit an online UTS application for the UTS Course Code CO2061 Doctor of Philosophy Public Health under the Thesis subject code: PhD Thesis Public Health 96708 along with all required documentation as listed on the website before the application submission deadline of Wednesday, 30 September 2020.
Application Deadline for EOI Submission: 31st August, 2020