NTU-SEARCA Joint Scholarship Program for Global Students (Fully funded): Scholarships is open to International masters students, offered by a partnership between the Master Program in Global Agriculture Technology and Genomic Science (Global ATGS) of the National Taiwan University (NTU) and SEARCA. This scholarship program aims to cultivate agricultural professional talents, encourage academic excellence, and promote research and development of agriculture within Southeast Asia.
The scholarship is peculiar to countries of the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO), namely: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste and Vietnam who are interested in enrolling to the Master Program in Global ATGS of NTU.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): SEAMEO SEARCA – Philippine
Scholarships to be taken at: SEAMEO SEARCA – Philippine
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: Masters
Scholarship Worth: Fully funded scholarship
Subject Eligibility: Agricultural related courses
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students from SEAMEO member countries
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the NTU-SEARCA Joint Scholarship Program for Global Students;
- Must be nationals of SEAMEO member countries;
- Must not be more than 35 years of age at the time of application
- Applicants must be international students.
- Students admitted into Masters Degree program.
- The award is available for Masters Research program in Accelerating Transformation through Agricultural Innovation (ATTAIN).
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Independent thinking and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions.
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at SEAMEO SEARCA, Philippine.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the SEAMEO SEARCA’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
You May Also Like: Victoria University of Wellington Automatic Master’s Scholarships
Application Procedures for NTU-SEARCA Joint Scholarship Program for Global Students
Applicants must fill out online the NTU-SEARCA Joint Scholarship Application Form and upload a copy of all required documents.
The required documents to be submitted should be in English:
The Original or certified true copy of Bachelor of Science (BS) transcript of academic records bearing the seal of the University and original signature of the Registrar or Head of the University. An explanation of the university’s grading system must accompany the transcript of academic records.
Original or certified true copy of BS diploma
Certificate of employment (if employed)
Two (2) Recommendation Letters
Updated curriculum vitae
Two copies of passport-size photo of the applicant
Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good physical and mental health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies
Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for his/her thesis. Planned research must be aligned with SEARCA’s overarching theme of Accelerating Transformation Through Agricultural Innovation (ATTAIN). Moreover, priority research topics must fall within the ATTAIN priority areas:
Agri-Business Models for Increased Productivity and Income
Sustainable Farming Systems and Natural Resource Management
Food and Nutrition Security
Transformational Leadership for Agricultural and Rural Development (ARD)
Gender and Youth Engagement in ARD
Enhanced ARD towards Climate Resilience
EcoHealth/One Health Applications to ARD
Candidates are required to meet the entry requirement of the University.
Scholarship Benefits: Tuition and other school fees;
Travel allowance to cover international airfare;
Book and supplies allowance;
Health insurance; and
Living allowance for food, lodging and incidental expenses.
Application Deadline: November 20, 2020