Applications are now open for the NDDC Post-Graduate (Master’s Degree) Scholarships 2023/2024 aimed at boosting Human Resource Development in the Niger Delta region. Interested applicants are encouraged to take advantage of this offer.
The long awaited Scholarship from the Niger Delta Development Commission is geared towards equipping the young people with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the local content programme of the Federal Government.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
Host Institution(s): Foreign universities
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
NDDC Post-Graduate Scholarships 2024 | DETAILS
The scholarship seeks to enable young Nigerians to acquire specialization in their fields of study and thus compete globally in various professional disciplines. The scheme is for qualified candidates possessing relevant Bachelor’s degrees from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Robotic Engineering
- Information Technology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Medical Sciences
- Hospitality Management
- Environmental Science
To be considered for the NDDC Scholarship 2023/2024, interested applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Scholar must hail from the Niger Delta Region.
- Must have obtained a First Class Degree, Second Class Upper, or Lower Division.
- Initial Application: Interested candidates must submit an online application via the Commission’s Website.
- Preliminary Shortlisting: Candidates will be shortlisted based on the following criteria:
i. WASSCE/NECO results
ii. Undergraduate degree classification (1st Class, Second Class Upper/Lower)
iii. Local Government Identification
3. Computer-Based Test: Shortlisted candidates will undergo a computer-based test conducted by consultants in Rivers State.
4. Minimum test Score: Candidates must achieve a minimum score of 70% in the test to proceed to the next stage.
5. Further Shortlisting: Candidates who successfully pass the test will be further shortlisted.
6. Final Verification: The final verification of the candidates will be done through the Local Government Area (LGA) and Community Development Committee (CDC).
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the NDDC Post-Graduate (Master’s) Scholarship 2023/2024 are to complete an online application and provide the following documents:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized overseas university
- Relevant degree from recognized universities
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate
Upon successful completion of the application form, a registration number will be automatically assigned. Applicants are advised to print a hard copy of the online-generated acknowledgement for future reference.
All shortlisted applicants will be announced and posted on the NDDC website. these shortlisted candidates will subsequently be required to take part in a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
Application Deadline: Five weeks from official advert announcement