Top Tuition Free Online Universities: Do you really need to get a degree abroad? Do you believe you can get that even with little or no financial commitment at all! Yes…online/distance learning through a number of tuition-free online universities will make that possible. This post aims to give you an insight into a number of tuition free universities to study online while you earn an internationally recognized degree.
Online learning is becoming more popular and almost inevitable…Yes! COVID-19 is disrupting life as we know it, institutions of learning are shutting down around the world and moving to online/distance learning.
These courses, however, are not cheap and most times very expensive, so we thought to show you some of the online tuition-free universities in the world. These are top online universities that all you get to pay is your attention.
Tuition Free Online Universities for International Students
- University of the People (UOPEOPLE)
- OpenLearn: Open University (UK).
Although there are numerous tuition free online universities, these two have distinguished themselves. Let’s dive into details.
UNIVERSITY OF THE PEOPLE (UOPEOPLE)
University Of The People (UoPeople) is an education revolution, this is true because this is the world’s first non- profit, American – accredited, a tuition-free online university dedicated to opening access to higher education globally.
University Of The People (UoPeople) offers degree programmes in the following;
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Health Science
And at the following degree levels.
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor Degree
- Masters Degree.
UOPEOPLE Application Requirements:
There are several requirements for applicants looking into enrolling in Uopeople.
- The applicant must be English proficient.
- The applicant must be at least 16 years old.
- The applicant must have proof of high-school.
- And other requirements as may be different and specific to different programmes and degree level.
The University Of The People (Uopeople) doesn’t charge tuition fees for online college courses, course materials, and annual enrolment. However, they charge a minimal processing fee which is an administration fee, an assessment fee per course.
- Application Fee: a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $60.
- Undergraduate Course Fee : there is an assessment fee of $100 to be paid at the end of each course.
- Graduate Course Fee: there is an assessment fee of $200 to be paid at the end of each course.
The total approximate cost to earn a degree at the University Of The People are;
- Associate Degree: $2,060.
- Bachelors Degree: $4,060
- M.Ed: $2,660
Interestingly, since it is the aim of the UoPeople that financial barriers will not restrict students from higher study, it is worthy of note that for those who cannot afford these fees, scholarships are available to help support their studies.
OPENLEAN: OPEN UNIVERSITY (UK).
- Everything on OpenLearn is free to everyone!
- You can use OpenLearn to explore 900+ short courses, ranging from 1-100 hour study.
- They currently have about 75 million visitors on the site which is still counting.
Anyone can learn for free at OpenLearn.
Once you get on the learning platform, the first thing you do is to quickly create an account, this is important because it lets you set up a personal learning profile, which tracks your course progress and gives you access to the statement of participation and a digital badge which you earn along the way.
University of the People and OpenLearn University Compared
- Award of Degree: UoPeople offers an Associate degree, Bachelor’s Degree, and an M.Ed, while OpenLearn just gives a statement of participation and a badge which isn’t any final credential towards a qualification.
- Fees: UoPeople accepts application and course fees while OpenLearn is totally free. But note that you can get a scholarship with UoPeople.
- Courses on Offer: OpenLearn has a rang of 900+ courses and 8 major other subjects, while UoPeople currently has just 4 subjects, however with professional lecturers.
Currently, we are sure these two universities provides free distance learning education to international students free of cost. We will definitely update you once we know about more that will or have taken up the baton.
Do not forget to leave a comment, we always love to have your inputs and to know if the article has helped you.