KNUST Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2020: Kwame Nkruma University of Science and Technology- Ghana welcomes applications from young Africans with financial constraint for an opportunity to study on full scholarship through the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2020.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality university education. The Program offers an opportunity for its scholars to receive holistic training that empowers them to be change leaders.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation.
Scholarships to be taken at: Kwame Nkruma University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Chana.
Scholarship Type: Full funding.
Scholarship level: Undergraduate
Slots: Not stated.
Scholarship Worth: Please see scholarship benefits (below).
Subject Eligibility: All subject areas
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Africans.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
For the 2020/2021 Academic year, the opportunity is open to;
- All Applicants with WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognised institution and Certificate Ready and meets KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. Applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to;
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
The Scholarship package includes:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Counselling Support Services
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, Enterprise Development amongst others)
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back),
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for Professional development.
- The prestige of becoming part of and network with the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
Application Procedures for the KNUST Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2020 – How-to-Apply:
Interested and eligible candidates are to download a copy of the 2020/2021 application form and submit same to the school after it is carefully completed.
- The printout of your application for admission at KNUST.
- Original Certificates for both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent.
Submit the completed application form and additional documents THROUGH EMS or any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
℅ Office of the Dean of Students
Private Mail Bag
KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
Application Deadline: Friday, 1st May, 2020 at 17:00GMT