The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program and the Africa Oxford Initiative (AfOx) invite application from suitably qualified young Africans for the Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships for studies at the University of Oxford for the 2024 academic session.
The Partnership is set to provide 400 young African scholars with a fully-funded opportunity to pursue taught Masters degrees and is aimed at supporting African students to access opportunities at Oxford and to thrive both during and after their time at the University.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation and Africa Oxford Initiative
- Scholarship Type: Full Funding
- Host Institution(s): University of Oxford, UK
- Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
- Nationality: Africans
Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships 2024 | DETAILS
The Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarship programme supports passionate, locally rooted and globally minded African young people to undertake graduate studies at the University of Oxford. The Scholarship is part of the broader AfOx Graduate Scholars Program. The Scholarship funds a rigorous one-year taught Master’s course at Oxford aimed at equipping the Scholars with relevant technical, entrepreneurial and leadership skills and connecting them to world-leading resources in their respective sectors. After completing their Master’s Program, Scholars will be supported to take up 4-6 months placements in leading Africa-based organisations for their Ubuntu Period of Service.
To be considered for the Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships 2024, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an African student interested in taking up master’s studies at the University of Oxford for the 2024 academic session.
- Applicants must have obtained relevant bachelor’s degree from reputable institutions of higher learning.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
- Full tuition costs
- Living expenses
- Logistics support including economy return flight, visa.
- Immigration Health Surcharge fees
- Settling down allowance
- Thrive Fund for emergencies
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships 2024 are to submit an application to the University of Oxford via the graduate admissions portal by the deadline for their chosen course of study and indicate that they wish to apply for AfOx funding.
Application Deadline: Not specified