Scholarships are available from the Gaston Berger University of Saint-Louis (UGB) through a partnership with the Mastercard Foundation for high potential graduates who want to work in the engineering, agricultural, medical, or digital industries.
The Mastercard Foundation-UGB Scholarship Program for African Students is a Fully-funded scholarship available for all students including women, people with disabilities, and displaced or refugee individuals.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation
Host Institution(s): Gaston Berger University of Saint-Louis (UGB)
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates & Graduates
Nationality: African Students
DETAILS | Mastercard Foundation-UGB Scholarship Program
The program aims to develop participants into dedicated leaders with the knowledge and skills to promote the industrial and socioeconomic growth of Senegal and Africa. It also aims to give participants with training in non-technical domains and a complete package of support services.
Gaston Berger University of Saint-Louis (UGB) informs new graduates that the deadline for submitting applications for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program at UGB, initially set for October 04, 2022, has been postponed to October 31, 2022. As a reminder, the filing of physical files is compulsory for all candidates, Senegalese and foreigners alike.
To be eligible for Mastercard Foundation-UGB Scholarship Program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants from African origin
- Applicants must have inter-personal and communication skills
- Be from a disadvantaged background family, a person with a disability or a refugee/foreigner and be able to prove it;
- Demonstrate leadership and entrepreneurial skills (substantiated by positions of responsibility held during their academic career or involvement in extracurricular associations or by edifying personal experiences;
- Not be a recipient of any other scholarship programme in any capacity;
- Show good academic performance.
- Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science;
- Applied Mathematics and Social Sciences;
- Agronomic Sciences;
- DUT Agroecology;
- Preparatory Cycle of the Polytechnic Institute of Saint-Louis.
The scholarship holder receives the following benefits throughout the duration of his training.
- Monthly allowance
- Medical care
- Tuition and training fees
- School supplies and teaching materials
- Accommodation and catering
Equally Apply: Google Conference Scholarships for African Students 2022
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for Mastercard Foundation-UGB Scholarship Program should adhere to the following steps:
- Download and print the application form
- Complete it carefully by filling in all the information
- Attach all required documents
- Submit the duly completed form with all the required documents
Application Deadline: October 31, 2022