Australia Awards Scholarships are awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of the Australian Government. They are long term awards aimed at contributing to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements. This Australia Awards Scholarship 2024 Application Guide provides information for applicants who are interested in applying for the Awards.
The awards provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries situated in the Indo-Pacific region to take up full time undergraduate and postgraduate study programs at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Australia Awards Scholarships provide a robust funding required for individuals to complete their academic program as outlined by the Australian higher education institution. The following benefits are accessed by successful candidates:
- Full tuition fees
- Return air travel-payment of a single, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route.
- Establishment allowance covering accommodation expenses, study materials and text books.
- Contribution to Living Expenses.
- Introductory Academic Program.
- Overseas Student Health Cover.
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees if necessary.
- Supplementary academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience.
- Fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by course which have a research component where fieldwork is compulsory).
Australia Awards 2024 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Australia Awards Scholarship, applicants are to meet certain eligibility criteria before they can be considered for the award.
- Country eligibility: Applicants must be citizens/residents of the participating country as listed by the Australia Awards Scholarship. Ensure that you apply following the requirements of your country.
- Academic Requirements: The minimum academic requirements for the Australia Awards is a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning obtained either in your country or a foreign country.
- English language requirements: Courses available in the awards are usually instructed in English language and so applicants will be required to show proficiency in English language (IELTS, TOEFL, etc) to be able to complete the courses. Applicants who are from countries where English is used as the official language of communication and those whose first degree were taught in English may be given a waiver and can just submit a letter to proof that.
Australia Awards Scholarship 2024 Application Guide
Before you apply for the awards, kindly note the following:
- Check the opening and closing dates for your country, and select your country of citizenship/residency from the list of participating countries for specific information.
- Ensure that you read the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook which provides information on general eligibility requirements, selection processes etc.
- Be sure to note the mode of application for your country as some countries encourage online application while others require hard-copy applications.
Interested applicants for the Australia Awards Scholarships 2023 can either apply online or apply by mail. Please ensure that you check the mode of application that is allowed by your country.
- Applying Online
Applicants are to visit the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS). When registering online, you will be required to answer some questions to establish your eligibility. You will then be assigned a unique registration number, username and password.
Applicants do not need to submit their application immediately. They can set up a draft application form and update it, and their supporting documentation, until the designated closing date as on the relevant participating country profile. Applicants should note that once submitted, their application cannot be edited or changed.
- Applying by Mail
Applicants who are unable to submit an online application can apply by mail. Ensure that you check your participating country profile for contact details to obtain a hardcopy application form and other requirements. Completed hard copy forms and supporting documents must be submitted by the deadline specified by your country.