Application is now open for the window 1 of the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarships 2024. The Joint Japan/ World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) supports men and women from developing nations to undertake a postgraduate degree in a development-related field.
The JJ/WBGSP offers scholarship opportunities for about 27 participating programs at universities in U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan in key areas of development, including economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Japanese Government/ World Bank
- Host Institution(s): Institutions in U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan
- Study level: Master’s Degree
- Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits (below)
- Nationality: Developing countries.
Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2024 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens of a World Bank member developing country and should not hold a dual citizenship of a developed country.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent obtained at least 3 years prior to the application deadline date.
- Applicants must possess 3 years or more recent development-related experience after obtaining a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Must be in good health
- Applicants must have been offered an unconditional admission to enrol in the upcoming academic year in at least one of the JJ/WBGSP Preferred or Partner Master’s Degree Programs.
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship 2024 provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
- Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university.
- While on campus during the scholarship period, a monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The amount of the allowance varies depending on the host country.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship for Developing Countries are to complete the 2024 JJ/WBGSP in a participating Program for Window 1 on or before the application deadline.
Those seeking a JJ/WBGSP Preferred Program Scholarship must in parallel, apply for admission to one or more of the Preferred Program(s) and apply for a JJWBGSP scholarship.
Application Deadline: 29 February 2024