Safaricom M-Pesa Africa Cash & Treasury Manager position is currently open for applications from suitably qualified candidates across Kenya and South Africa who will manage Cash & Treasury of the company.
M-PESA Africa, is a pioneering fintech business and global market leader in mobile money are pleased to announce the subject career opportunity within M-PESA Africa reporting to the Chief Finance Officer.
Company/Organisation(s): M-PESA Africa
Program Location: Kenya and South Africa
Program Duration: Full-time
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Graduates
Nationality: Kenya and South Africa
You May Also Like: FirstRand Bank Limited Operational Agent Jobs in South Africa 2023
Safaricom M-PESA Africa Cash & Treasury | What to Expect
Supporting teams across Kenya and South Africa, the Cash & Treasury Manager will be the Funding Champion who will ensure that MPA is properly facilitated and has secured adequate foreign currency to fund business requirements in line with our long-range plan in a bid to mitigate currency fluctuation risk. Specifically, you will be tasked with:
- Implementing a process and system for the generation of accurate cash flow projections;
- Implementing the said processes in collaboration with other stakeholder functions to be able to capture all the information required to produce an accurate cash flow plan from other applications and processes within the business. This includes all receipts revenue expenditure and capital expenditure and financing sources;
- Maintaining the use of the processes and systems and enhance them when there are changes in various business processes and applications;
- Monitoring and reporting on daily actual cash position;
- Preparing weekly and monthly cash flow projections against approved forecasts and explain the variances that may appear;
- Conducting Quarterly forecasts, annual budgets and long-term projections;
- Liaising with Business Planning & Forecasting teams to ensure that periodic business cash flow forecasts are prepared accurately by providing inputs during the forecasting phase;
- Provide a critique to forecast and budget inputs as obtained from key stakeholder departments and recommend improvements in line with the company’s set cash flow targets;
- Managing currency exposure;
- Capturing, assessing and reporting the projected amounts of foreign currently liabilities to be hedged in line with the company policy;
- Create and Publish Treasury Planning Policies and Procedures ensuring that they are in line with best practices and the Vodafone Group’s guidelines.
- Applicants must have an honours degree from a recognized university in business related field;
- At least one full professional qualifications in accounting namely CPA,ACCA,CIMA or an equivalent;
- At least 6 years of relevant Treasury Management experience in a corporate;
- Relevant experience at a Bank will be an added advantage.
What you can expect from us
- We believe in a fair and robust interview process
- We have a robust flexible total reward scheme
- Dedicated support and mentoring/coaching
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life integration. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career and achieve your full potential
How-to-Apply: If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, do proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your updated resume.
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
As part of our recruitment process we will request the below documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage of the process.
- An updated CV with a confirmation of three referees- 2 must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field. If the referees are within the same organization that you are working with, you will need to confirm to us that it’s okay to contact them in writing (via email). This also includes all references within the Human Resources department.
- Scanned copy of certificate of good conduct from the CID (Less than 1 year old) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of University Certificate
- Scanned copy of your National ID / Passport-Legal Form of Identification
Application Deadline: Not Stated