International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC) Jobs and Internships: A number of job, internship and volunteer positions are currently available at the International Committee of Red Cross. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the various vacant positions
You can search out and apply to a dozen of jobs that suit your qualification and availability. These include both part-time and full-time positions. Notably, 90% of the Red Cross workforce are volunteers. You can become a volunteer through the International Committee of Red Cross volunteer recruitment, use your time and talent to make a real difference in people’s lives while also getting paid, that is, if you are looking for a paid volunteer opportunity.
International Committee of Red Cross Internships 2021
If you’re a mission-focused undergraduate or graduate student seeking a meaningful internship experience, then we invite you to apply to our program—a rare opportunity to explore and enrich your future career prospects while serving others.
Red Cross interns are involved in projects critical to the day-to-day work of our non-profit organization, gaining an insider’s perspective on the Red Cross humanitarian mission as well as service delivery at the local and national levels.
Applications for each internship cycle are accepted on a rolling basis, as opportunities become available. The dates below are a general guide only.
- Fall Internships – Applications open in April
- Winter/Spring Internships – Applications open in September
- Summer Internships – Applications open in November
Red Cross Internships Pre-Information
- Our formal internship program typically runs for a specified 10-week duration (alternative start and end dates may be accommodated at the discretion of the business unit). Start and end dates for other internship cycles are flexible, based on student availability and school schedule.
- Available positions vary according to our needs, but the program typically offers opportunities in almost every Red Cross line of business.
- You must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at the time of internship to be eligible.
- The Red Cross offers both paid and unpaid internships.
- Paid positions typically require 40 hours per week for the duration of the 10-week summer program (some flexibility may be allowed at the discretion of the business unit if arranged prior to the start of internship). Hours during the school year are flexible in consideration of classroom commitments.
- Housing and relocation are not provided by the Red Cross.
Application Procedures for Red Cross Opportunities
The International Committee of Red Cross offers both paid and unpaid jobs/volunteering opportunities:
- ICRC Paid Jobs: If you are looking for paid ICRC volunteer jobs, you may apply directly through the body’s careers site for paid opportunities
- ICRC Unpaid Jobs: If you just want to volunteer and gain experience, then proceed here to apply and become a Red Cross volunteer.
- You may apply for as many positions as you wish; however, you must apply for specific positions— general applications will not be accepted.
- Be sure to follow any additional instructions provided in each job posting that interests you.
Application Deadline: On-going