Africa’s Business Heroes Prize Competition: Applications are welcomed from eligible entrepreneurs from all African countries to apply for the Jack Ma/Alibaba Foundation Africa’s Business Heroes Prize Competition 2021. It is an entrepreneurship program targeted at Africans to assist them in scaling up their businesses.
The prize competition aims to identify, support and inspire the next generation of African entrepreneurs who are making a difference in their local communities, working to solve problems and building sustainable and inclusive economy for the future.
Africa’s Business Heroes Prize Competition 2021 |DETAILS
The Africa’s Business Heroes (ABH) initiative sponsored by the Jack Ma Foundation and Alibaba Foundation aims to be inclusive as possible and open to all entrepreneurs from all sectors and all ages who operate businesses formally registered and headquartered in an African country. Up to ten finalists will be selected to compete in the finale where they will compete for a share of US$1.5 million in grant money.
- Applicants should be a Founder or a Co-Founder of the company.
- Applicants have African citizenship or is the child or grand-child of an African citizen
- The company is registered and headquartered in an African country, and primarily operates in Africa.
- Company is 3 years old or more in business and has at least 3 years of revenue history
Prize Competition Benefits
- Opportunity to pitch to business legends and receive advice from them.
- All ten finalists win grant funds from $100,000 to 300,000
- Gain global recognition and exposure
- Access to mentorship and training
- Get connected with entrepreneurs ecosystem.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Africa’s Business Heroes Prize Competition 2021 can proceed to apply online by following the steps outlined (below):
- Register an ABH account
- Confirm your eligibility
- Fill in the application (answer questions about yourself, your vision, business model and future plans).
- Get a reference
- Submit video introductions from yourself, team member(s) and a customer
Application Deadline: 7th June 2021