Google is inviting university students around the world to join the competition – Google Solution Challenge 2021 with Google Developer Student Clubs for an opportunity to win amazing prizes while developing self.
The 2021 Solution Challenge mission is to solve for one or more of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals using Google technology.
The United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals
Learn about the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) created by the United Nations in 2015 to be achieved by 2030 and agreed upon by all 193 United Nations Member States with the aim to end poverty, ensure prosperity, and protect the planet
Google Solution Challenge 2021 | EVALUATION CRITERIA
Please note: Each solution is evaluated on a scale of 1 to 100.
IMPACT [60 points]
- Does the entry establish a clear challenge focused on one or more of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals? Is it explained in a clear manner with specific Sustainable Development Goal targets they are looking to solve for? 
- How effectively does the solution address the challenge identified by the team? 
- Is there evidence of a next step? Does the team display a plan for future extension if they were to continue? 
- Is there evidence that the solution has been thoroughly tested with real users? 
- Is there evidence that the solution was iterated upon based on user feedback? 
TECHNOLOGY [40 points]
- Does the solution implement all the technical components needed to solve the challenge? 
- Has the team clearly explained what Google technology they used, why, and included guidance on how to run their code? 
- Does the video demonstration show the working solution and how a user will interact with the solution?
Does the demonstration highlight how Google’s technologies are implemented and also mention the value the technology provides the users? 
- Has the team made effective product and technical decisions for their solution? 
Google Solution Challenge 2021 | Benefits
- Top 50 teams: Receive mentorship from Google and other experts to improve and submit a solution for the top prize.
- Top 10 finalists: Win a 1 year subscription to Pluralsight, swag, additional customized mentoring from Google, and a feature in the Google Developers Blog and Demo Day live on YouTube.
- Top 3 winners: Win all the prizes included in the Top 10 category along with a Chromebook and a coffee chat with a Google executive.
How to Join
To join the competition with Google Developer Student Clubs, follow these steps;