AGNES Grants for Junior Researchers 2021: The African-German Network of Excellence in Science (AGNES) is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the AGNES Grants for Junior Researchers 2021 which comprises two funding programmes: The AGNES-PAWS Grant for Junior Female Researchers and the AGNES Grant for Junior Researchers.
The two grants are generously funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and with support of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AvH). The grants aim to strengthen the scientific capacity in Africa through active co-operation of AGNES members.
Funding Institution(s): German government and Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
Grant Level: Junior Researchers
Grant Amount: Up to EUR 3,000
Grant Slot: Not specified
Discipline Eligibility: All fields of research
Country Eligibility: African countries
AGNES Grants for Junior Researchers 2021 | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Grants will be awarded to individuals with:
- Demonstrable scientific achievements seen through the quality of published work in reputable peer-reviewed international journals, with Thomson Reuters Impact Factor.
- Nominee must be a national of a sub-Saharan African country and be interested to apply for fellowship programmes of the AvH to carry out a post-doctoral scientific research project in Germany.
- AGNES Members and African Humboldtians may nominate, for each programme, 2 excellent candidates who graduated with the PhD from 2018 onwards.
- A nomination form in AGNES template with the nominator, the name of the nominee, the type of Grant considered (AGNES or AGNES-PAWS Grant for Junior Researchers), reason for nomination, PhD graduation date of nominee, field of research, name and affiliation of a potential research partner in Germany.
- A CV of the nominee in AGNES Format with full list of publications must be included.
- Academic transcripts and graduation certificates of the nominee.
- For the Humanities, an extended abstract (5 pages) of the doctoral thesis has to be submitted.
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2021