ISID/ESCMID Fellowships for Low and Middle Income Countries 2020: Applicants from low and middle income countries are invited to apply for the 2020 fellowship award by the International Society for (ISID) and the European Society for Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID). The aim of the fellowship is to support health professionals, non-government organizations, and governments around the world in their work to prevent, investigate and manage infectious disease outbreaks when they occur.
The fellowship will enable young investigators, from low and middle income countries outside of the region, to travel to Europe for multidisciplinary clinical and laboratory training, Fellows are given the opportunity to extend to their research experience; learn from experienced infectious disease specialists; and return home with knowledge and processes that will help them improve clinical and laboratory practice in regions where it most needs strengthening.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): International Society for Infectious Diseases (ISID) and European Society for Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID)
Fellowship to be taken at: Europe
Fellowship level: Young Professionals
Fellowship Benefit: US$7,500
Subject Eligibility: Clinical and Laboratory Related Courses
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The fellowship opportunity is for applicants from low and middle income countries.
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the ISID/ESCMID Fellowships for Low and Middle Income Countries 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- ISID/ESCMID fellowships are open to residents of low and middle income countries as classified by the World Bank, from outside of Europe, who are less than forty years of age, and will benefit from the opportunity to work or study outside of their country of residence.
- Applicants are to submit a research plan of not more than five pages including backgrounds, methods, limitations and references; curriculum vitae; letter of reference from the applicant’s institution.
- Upon completion, a short written report on the outcomes of any research must be submitted. The fellowship encourages recipients of grants to present their results at scientific meetings and to submit them for publication in peer-reviewed journals including, but not limited to, the International Journal of Infectious diseases.
- Marie Sklodowska –Curie Fellowship for International Researchers 2020
- Call for 2020 Application: Research Fellowships for Scientists in Africa
Application Procedures for the ISID/ESCMID Fellowships for Low and Middle Income Countries 2020
Applicants are to complete their application using the online submission system to include the research plan, CV of the applicant, reference letters, budget details, CV of mentor from host institution, letter of invitation/reference from the host institution.
Application Deadline: June 21, 2020