Call for 2020 Application: Research Fellowships for Scientists in Africa: Applications are invited from qualified African students to apply for the 2020 Research fellowship of the African Centre of Excellence for Genetic Medicine, College of Health Sciences, University of Ghana to conduct research in genetics in University of Ghana, in collaboration with the School of Biomedical and Allied Health Sciences, University of Ghana Medical School, Department of Psychology and Department of Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology.
Applicants who have graduated with excellent grades in the bachelor’s degree are encouraged to avail themselves of the opportunity of advancing their educational career in acquiring a postgraduate degree certification at the West African Genetic Medicine Centre (WAGMC). Applicants are to send in their applications before the application deadline.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): West African Genetic Medicine Centre, University of Ghana
Fellowship to be taken at: Ghana
Fellowship level: Masters and PhD
Fellowship Worth: Fully Funded
Subject Eligibility: See subject eligibility
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The Scholarship is for national (Ghana) and students from other African countries.
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Call for Application: Research Fellowships for Scientists in Africa, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be from an African country to be eligible to apply for the Research Fellowship program at the University of Ghana.
- Applicants must have obtained relevant bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or its equivalent if applying for a master’s programme.
- Applicants must have obtained relevant master’s degree certificate from a recognized university to be eligible if applying for a PhD programme.
- Applicants must first gain admission as a new student into one of the underlisted masters and doctoral degree programmes of the University of Ghana through the standard application process of the School of Graduate Studies and the Department hosting the degree.
Masters and Doctoral Degree Programmes Available
PhD Psychology, MPhil Clinical Psychology, MPhil Counselling Psychology, MPhil Psychology.
Medical Molecular Genetics
PhD/MSc Dietetics, PhD/MPhil Medical Microbiology, MPhil Anatomy, MPhil Chemical Pathology, MPhil haematology, MPhil Medical Biochemistry, MPhil Pathology/Immunology, MPhil Physiology, MSc Medical Laboratory Sciences, MSc Speech and Language Therapy.
PhD Biochemistry, MPhil Biochemistry, Mphil Molecular Biology.
- Call for 2020 Application: Atlas Corps Fellowship in the United States
- AMIDEAST Fulbright Scholarships Program for Africans and the Middle East, 2021/22
Application Procedures for the Call for 2020 Application: Research Fellowships for Scientists in Africa
Step 1: Applicants are to complete an online application form on the University of Ghana website.
Step 2: Applicants must be offered admission into one of the graduate programmes listed above.
Step 3: Applicants are to submit a WAGMC Fellowship Application. Learn More
Applicants are to apply for admission into the courses listed above first.
PhD Programmes Requirements: Applicants may apply for a PhD programme with a Master’s degree or a very good first degree. (Please see individual PhD programmes for additional requirements).
MSc and MPhil Programmes Requirements: A good bachelor’s degree (at least a second class lower division) in the biomedical sciences, psychological sciences, public health, and other health sciences. (Please see individual masters programmes for additional requirements).
Application Deadline: 29th May, 2020