Gandhi Research Fellowship for Doctoral and Postdoctoral Fellows, 2020: International applicants are hereby invited to send in their fellowship applications for the 2020 Gandhi Research Fellowship to be taken in India. The fellowship is for doctoral and postdoctoral candidates who are willing to work on the Thrust areas of the fellowship will includes rural regeneration, economic sustainability, skill development, employment creation amongst other things.
The Gandhi Research Fellowship (GRF) is an academic as well as rural welfare-promotion institution saddled with the responsibility to improving sustainable living through applied research. The GRF having a comprehensive library and archival collections, provide a conducive environment necessary for conducting intensive applied research by a team annually.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Gandhi Research Foundation
Fellowship to be taken at: India
Fellowship level: Doctoral and Postdoctoral candidates
Fellowship Worth: Fully funded, Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 30,000 monthly stipend, local travel support, Access to library and others.
Subject Eligibility: Rural Regeneration, Economic Sustainability, Skill Development, Employment Creation
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The fellowship is for applicants all over the world.
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Gandhi Research Fellowship for Doctoral and Postdoctoral Fellows, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants for the research fellowship must be a postdoctoral researcher or doctoral student in any field.
- If the candidate is an activist: working experience (3-5 years) with grassroots and community organizations, social movements, or in the above-mentioned thrust areas.
- Applicants must be persons interested in evaluating through interdisciplinary and applied research- the relevance of Gandhian solutions for tackling contemporary problems and crisis.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong leadership abilities and must be able to interface with people from diverse culture, religion and tribe.
- Humphrey Fellowship Program in The United States for Young Professionals, 2020
- AAI One World Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries 2020
Application Procedures for the Gandhi Research Fellowship for Doctoral and Postdoctoral Fellows, 2020
Applicants are to submit their applications, comprising a research proposal of 500 words maximum along with detailed bio-data stating academic performance, publications, social work/professional experience.
Applicants are to also submit two (2) testimonials from their referees.
Applicants are to submit their applications together with a covering letter to:
Dean of Research
Gandhi Research Foundation
Jain Hills, P.O. Box 118
Applicants should please use both emails.
Application Deadline: 30th June, 2020