Humphrey Fellowship Program in The United States for Young Professionals, 2020: Young professionals are encouraged to apply for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship program to be hosted in the United States of America for a ten-month non-degree academic study and related professional opportunities in the United States of America. Humphrey Fellows are always selected from individuals with great potential for leadership as well as their commitment to public service, either in the private or public sector.
Humphrey Fellowship Program offers participants opportunities for leadership and professional development with young professionals across the world. About thirteen world-class universities in the United States play host Humphrey Fellows with the aim of providing resources and support to the fellows.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): U.S. Department of State
Fellowship to be taken at: United States of America
Fellowship level: Young Professionals
Fellowship Worth: See Benefits section
Subject Eligibility: See eligible fields
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The Fellowship is for individuals from Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe and Eurasia, Middle East and North Africa, East Asia and Pacific, South and Central Asia, Western Hemisphere.
You may also like: International Student Merit Award in Australia for Undergraduates, 2020
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Humphrey Fellowship Program in The United States for Young Professionals, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university from the eligible region listed above.
- Applicants must possess minimum of five years of full time, professional experience.
- Applicants must have limited or no prior experience in the United States.
- Applicants must have good grasp of the English Language as the means of communication during the fellowship program.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong leadership qualities.
- Orange Knowledge Programme for Masters Students and Professionals, 2020
- 2020 World Trade Organization Young Professionals Programme
Benefits of the Fellowship
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university
- Pre-academic English Language training, if required.
- A maintenance allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance
- Accident and sickness coverage and book allowance.
- A one-time computer subsidy.
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events).
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
Application Procedures for the Humphrey Fellowship Program in The United States for Young Professionals, 2020
Applicants are to consult the Embassy or Fulbright Commission in your home country for specific guidelines about how to apply.
Application Deadline: 1st October, 2020