David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship for African Students 2019: Applications are now being received for the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program 2019. The David Oyedepo Foundation (DOF) provided scholarship opportunities for brilliant, young Africans to achieve their educational dreams in top African universities free of charge.
The 2019 edition of the DOF undergraduate scholarships are targeted at potential beneficiaries resident in any African nations and have been given provisional admission into any Nigerian universities for a full time undergraduate program.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): David Oyedepo Foundation in Nigeria.
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships
Scholarship level: Undergraduate degree level
Slots: Up to 5 fully funded scholarships available
Scholarship Worth: Please refer to scholarship benefits within the post
Subject Eligibility: All Undergraduate Courses offered by the university
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Open to students from African Nations.
English Language Requirement: Applicants will be required to fill a portion of the application evaluating their language skills as accurately as possible
General Eligibility David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship program:
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship program is open to Young Africans who meet the following criteria:
- Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
- Are between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application submission
- Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
- Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
- At least 20 points above JAMB cut off points (for Nigerians only)
- 80% recorded average or 0GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
- Already have begun admission applications to Covenant or Landmark University
Note: The application for the scholarship does not guarantee admission to the specified Universities; all admission to the University is to be secured independently by going through the University’s admission process. Hence, award of the scholarship is CONDITIONAL on University admission.
Applicants not meeting the above technical eligibility requirements will not be forwarded to the selection committee.
Benefits of the David Oyedepo Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship.
Full Academic fees for a maximum of 5 (In accordance to the University stipulated time for duration of chosen course).
The scholarship does not cover;
- Travel allowances
- Feeding allowances
- Medical/Health Insurance or allowance
- Any other fees outside University generated Academic fees for a course at any level.
David Oyedepo Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Selection Criteria.
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program selection process is a need dependent, merit based open competition. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Following this review, chosen finalists will be interviewed by the David Oyedepo Foundation team, through an online video conferencing platform. If advanced to the final round, applicant must provide;
- Proof of application to Covenant or Landmark University
- Proof of citizenship
- All original copies of documents uploaded during application.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of superior scholastic ability
- Displayed financial need
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement
- A commitment to influence home community with skills learned
CHeck The Following Also:
- University of Adelaide Academic Excellence Scholarships, 2019/2020
- Study in Germany: 2019 DAAD Architecture Study Scholarships
- 2019/2020 MasterCard Foundation Scholarships for African Students
APPLICATION SUBMISSION TIMELINE FOR THE DAVID OYEDEPO FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP:
|27th May||Applications Open|
|14th June||Application Closes|
How to Apply for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship.
GENERAL APPLICATION TIPS
- The David Oyedepo Foundation uses an internet based application You will need to access a computer and internet to apply. You would also need a scanner in order to upload required documents.
- You do not have to finish your application in one You may save your work and return to complete your application as many times as necessary. You must, however, not leave your application untouched for up to 30 days or your account would be deleted.
- You must submit your completed application by the deadline, however you are encouraged to submit before the deadline as no deadline extensions would be provided.
- Answer all questions on the application in English and all documents to be uploaded MUST be translated in English.
- All answers in the application, including written responses to essays must be your own original work.
- Only applicants who complete this application will be Applications and information submitted through email or other means will NOT be considered.
You can see more information at the Official Scholarship Page
The deadline for applications for the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program is 11.59 pm GMT + 01.00 on 14th July, 2019.