Full Masters and PhD Scholarships at ACMS for International Students: Applications are being sought by the African Centre for Migration & Society (ACMS) at the University of the Witwatersrand for the MA and PhD Scholarships sponsored by the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) as its ‘In-Region Scholarship Programme South Africa’. Full scholarships are available for excellent students accepted for the Migration and Displacement programme at ACMS in 2021.
The target group for the scholarships are graduates and postgraduate students from sub-Saharan Africa possessing a good bachelor’s degree if applying for a Master’s programme or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
Scholarship to be taken at: South Africa
Scholarship level: Masters and PhD
Scholarship Worth: Full tuition fees, study and research allowance, monthly allowance, travel allowance, Health Insurance.
Subject Eligibility: Courses related to Migration and Displacement
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for African students.
You may also like: 2020 Mandela Scholarship at the University of Sussex, United Kingdom
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Full Masters and PhD Scholarships at ACMS for African Students, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (Masters candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (at least Second Class Upper division).
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate strong motivation and commitment.
- Applicants must have thorough knowledge of language of instruction.
- Applicants have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application.
- Applicants must be nationals or permanent residents of a sub-Saharan African country (excluding South Africa).
Female applicants from less privileged regions or country are especially encouraged to apply for the programme.
- Full Tuition Scholarships for International Students at Jacobs University
- Undergraduates Global Award At University of West Scotland, UK 2020
Application Procedures for the Full Masters and PhD Scholarships at ACMS for African Students
The application process contains two steps. As the first step, applicants must apply for their studies at the University of the Witwatersrand, African Centre for Migration and Displacement (ACMS) using the contacts and the method that is prescribed by the institution. The University of Witwatersrand, African Centre for Migration and Displacement (ACMS) will screen, pre-select (according to DAAD selection criteria) and shortlist applicants.
The second step will be that the University of Witwatersrand, African Centre for Migration and Displacement (ACMS) will provide the shortlisted candidates with the link to the DAAD-Portal. Only the pre-selected candidates are asked to log into the DAAD portal, register themselves and submit a DAAD application.
Application Deadline: 2nd June, 2020
Hello, my name is Delito Chamusse from Mozambique, i have a post graduate in enviromental management and im looking for a oportunity to do the master in public helath.
Hi Delito, you can also try looking through the Masters Scholarships Category to find the programs that are suitable for you.
[…] Also, Check: Full Masters and PhD Scholarships at ACMS for African Students […]
My name is Dasalegn Bacha olana From Ethiopia I have BA in political science and international relations. Now i want to my masters program if you can accept me my questions.