UNDP UN Volunteer Operations Associate Internship 2020: Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of the UNV Operations Associate Intern at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
The UNV Field Units (FU) are mainly accountable for the mobilization and placement of UN Volunteers in UN Agencies, Funds, and Programmes focusing on peace, development and humanitarian needs. The UNV Field Units represent and position UNV in the respective countries and bring UNV’s services and solutions closer to its partners from governments, UN entities, Civil society and Private sector.
Company/Organisation: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Program Title: Internship.
Program Location: Tanzania.
Program Type: Internship.
Program Duration: 6 months
Program Basic Qualification: Bachelor degree.
Slots: Not stated
Also, Apply: International UN Volunteer Programme 2020 – Application Ongoing
|Duties and Responsibilities
|Under the supervision of the UNV Country Coordinator, the Intern Operations Associate shall work and assist the UNV Field Unit to perform, inter alia, the following tasks: –
Volunteer mobilization and deployment support
- Support the deployment and assignment management of all UN Volunteer modalities;
- Support the recruitment of national UN Volunteers, including updating and maintaining a national UN Volunteers local candidate talent pool;
- Maintain files of all UN Volunteers assigned to the country, ensuring that all correspondence and periodic reports (online) are properly kept, and that related matters requiring action are brought to the attention of his/her supervisor;
- Monitor and keep records of the contractual status of all serving UN Volunteers and flag to his/her supervisor follow-up actions on assignment extensions, renewals and replacements;
- Maintain up-to-date volunteer leave records and ensure that all UN Volunteers manage absences as per the UN Volunteer Conditions of Service;
- Maintain up to date contact records of all serving UN Volunteers, including their recognized dependents;
- Ensure that initial contract documents, beneficiary forms and inventories of personal effects of UN Volunteers are up-to-date, and submitted to UNV headquarters in a timely manner, in accordance with the relevant provisions included in the UN Security Handbook as well as in the UN Volunteer Conditions of Service;
- Liaise with UNV HQ and/or country of recruitment on the logistical and travel arrangements of arriving UN Volunteers and his/her recognized dependents;
- Facilitate government clearance and entry visas of incoming UN Volunteers and their recognized dependents;
- Provide the necessary support to UN Volunteers upon arrival, to open bank accounts as well as to complete forms required to obtain visas, residence permits, etc.;
- Undertake tasks for the local support of the UN Volunteers and recognized dependents in the country including in the cases of medical evacuation, security evacuations or the death of a UN Volunteer;
- Ensure all conditions are met before the payment of final entitlements to UN Volunteers at the end of their assignment.
- People management
- Relationship Management
- Project Management
- Knowledge Management
Also Check: WHO Internship Programme for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students, 2020
|Required Skills and Experience
- Be a graduate from a recognized University (second university degree or equivalent, or
- Field of study related to in Business Management, Public Administration or Social Sciences.
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment and web-based management systems;
- Sound security awareness and have affinity with or interest in UNV’s area of work, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- Fluency in English – written and spoken is required.
Application Procedures for the UNDP UN Volunteer Operations Associate Internship 2020 – How-to-Apply:
If you are eligible meet the requirements above then you can click here to apply or refer a friend for the opportunity. Remember to also use the social share buttons (below the post) to inform friends.
Application Deadline: 14-Apr-20 (Midnight New York, USA).
Visit the Official Website for Further Details.