Applications are welcomed from suitably qualified applicants who are Ghanaians to apply for the Embassy of France/Ghana Joint Scholarships for master’s and PhD studies in France for the 2023/24 academic session.
The Embassy Scholarships funding is between the French Embassy in Ghana and Scholarships Secretariat to provide fully funded scholarships to deserving students with outstanding academic credentials.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): French Embassy in Ghana
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Universities in France
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters and PhD)
See Also: Kufuor Scholars Program for Students in Ghanaian Universities
Embassy of France/Ghana Joint Scholarships 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Embassy of France/Ghana Joint Scholarships, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be of Ghanaian nationality.
- Age limit: Master’s degree = 35 years; PhD = 40 years for joint application, 45 years for ScholSec application alone.
- Academic level: – Bachelor’s degree for a Master’s, – 2 years Master’s degree or MPhil degree for a PhD.
- Fields of study: French as a foreign language, STEM, Health, Environment and Sustainable Development, Tourism, Archaeology and Heritage studies, Agriculture and Food Industry.
- First Class or Second Class Upper applicants on their degree will be given priority consideration.
- Mastery of French: French proficiency is not a requirement for application (except for French as a Foreign Language).
- Preferably 2 years post qualification experience for PhD applicants.
- Completed National Service.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Embassy of France/Ghana Joint Scholarships 2023 are required to submit both hard and soft copies of their application file on or before the application deadline.
Soft copy applications are to be sent once to a common email address: GhanaFranceScholarships2023@gmail.com. The subject of the email should includethe first name and surname of the applicant.
Hardc copy applications are to be sent or deposited at both the Embassy of France in Accra and the Scholarship Secretariat at the addresses below:
- Cooperation and Cultural Affairs Department (SCAC) at the French Embassy in Ghana, Fourth Circular Road, Cantonments, Accra, P. O. Box 187 Accra.
- Scholarships Secretariat – Hilla Limann Highway, near Accra High School, P.O. Box. M 75 Accra.
- Copy of birth certificate
- Application form
- Cover letter of the student (maximum of 1 page) detailing the student’s motivation and highlighting how the desired course will support the student’s career development.
- Reference letter from your University
- Academic file: Copies of full academic transcripts and degrees
- Proof of registration or pre-registration with a French university for a Master’s degree or a PhD.
- For applicants to PhD, kindly attach your research topic as well as an acceptance letter from your PhD supervisor in France.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Documents describing the financial situation of the applicant (certificate of scholarship for studies in progress, pay slips, or bank statements of students or parents).
Application Deadline: 19th March 2023 at 17:00 GMT