Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2021/2022: Application round is now open for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2021/2022 at the University of Edinburgh. Students with low financial background wishing to further their studies in the UK are particular encouraged to apply.
The Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh will provide postgraduate scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): MasterCard Foundation/ University of Edinburgh
Scholarship to be taken at: University of Edinburgh, UK
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships
Scholarship level: Postgraduate
Scholarship Slots: 21 Scholarships.
Subject Eligibility: See eligible courses (below)
Country/Candidate Eligibility: African Students
- Applicants must have graduated no later than September 2020
- Applicants must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country. Applicants currently residing outside of this region for education reasons only can still apply
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community
- Applicants are able to present economic circumstances which show they lack financial means to pursue higher education in their home country or elsewhere
- Applicants must want to study one of the eligible degree programmes at the University of Edinburgh
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the degree programme of their choice
- Applicants should not have completed a postgraduate degree previously and should not be enrolled at a separate university while on scholarship
Scholarships are available for the following postgraduate programs:
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- MA Design for Change
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
- MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- MSc Finance, Technology and Policy
- MSc Food Security
- MSc Design Informatics
The scholarship will cover the full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance.
On top of financial support, Scholars will participate in activities as part of the wider Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh including work-based placements, mentorship, and other activities during the academic year.
Application Procedures for the Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2021/2022
If you apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program please apply for the scholarship first. If you are successful in the scholarship process, the team will support you to apply for admission to your chosen degree programme. Interested candidates should: Click here to Apply.
If you are applying for other scholarships in the University of Edinburgh, please apply directly to the degree programme of your choice. Make use the Postgraduate Degree Finder to locate your of study and information on how to apply.
Application Deadline: October 30th at 2pm UK time.