Danish Government Exchange Long-Term Scholarships 2020/2021: Students can now apply for exchange program to study in Denmark on long-term scholarship which lasts about 5-12 months and offered to exchange students from higher education institutions of selected countries. Interested applicants for these long-term scholarships program for 2020/2021 session are advised to go through details and apply for a place.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Danish Government.
Scholarships to be taken at: See list of universities within the post.
Scholarship Type: Exchange Students Scholarship.
Scholarship level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate study level
Scholarship Worth: Not Specified
Subject Eligibility: Dependent on universities applied to
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Brazil, China, Egypt, Japan, Republic of Korea and Russia.
About the Scholarship Program (The Long-Term Scholarships):
The Danish Government Scholarships under the Cultural Agreements are aimed at highly qualified exchange students wishing to immerse themselves in studies of the Danish language and culture or other fields of study related to Denmark.
Long-term scholarships of 5-12 months are offered to exchange students from higher education institutions in the following countries:
Scholarships include free tuition and a monthly stipend of DKK 6,500.
Danish Government Scholarships can be used as a contribution to cover travel, visa fees, accommodation, food, and other living expenses. The scholarships are for one person only. Additional amounts for accompanying family members are not available.
Please note that living expenses in Denmark are generally high, and that housing, especially in the larger cities, is often very expensive. The scholarship will not most likely not cover all expenses.
Applicants for the long-term scholarships should please note that
- Scholarships are only offered for exchanges (not full-degree studies), and only to students enrolled in full-degree studies at higher education institutions in the countries listed above. Applications from candidates affiliated with higher education institutions in countries other than those listed will not be taken into consideration.
- Scholarships are only available to master’s and PhD level students. However, bachelor’s degree students wishing to study Danish language and literature can also apply if they have studied the Danish language for two years.
- PhD students must likewise be employed at, or affiliated with, higher education institutions in the above-mentioned countries.
- Please note that applicants at the time of application must be enrolled in, or able to document a future nrolment in, full-degree programmes in the countries mentioned above.
- Australia Awards Scholarships for Africans 2020-2021 – Application Now Open
- Irish Government Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship Awards 2020 to Study in Ireland
- International Students Award at the University of Notre Dame, 2020
Danish institutions offering long-term scholarships:
It is only possible to apply for a scholarship for studies at higher education institutions who offer long-term scholarships. Please see the list below.
Scholarships are tenable during the academic year. The autumn term begins on September 1st, the spring term on February 1st.
Application deadline: March 2, 2020 at 23:59 (CET)
(The application form will available on the relevant country pages in November 2019)