The Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme for the 2024/2025 academic session is now open for application. The University of Edinburgh welcomes students from developing Commonwealth countries to apply a fully funded study opportunity.
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme is a joint initiative between the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and UK universities, including the University of Edinburgh, to jointly support scholarships for students from developing Commonwealth countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the United Kingdom.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Commonwealth, DFID and UK Universities
- Host Institution(s): University of Edinburgh, UK
- Funding Amount: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Masters
- Nationality: Developing Countries
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start their academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2024
- By September 2024, hold a first degree of at least upper second-class (2:1) honours standard, or a lower second-class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- Not have studied or worked for more than one (academic) year or more in a high-income country
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK university without this Scholarship
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format.
Applications from students planning to study the following eligible programmes will be considered for 2024-2025:
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Global Crime, Justice and Security
- MSc Future Governance
- MSc Global Health Policy
- MSc Planetary Health
- MSc International Development
The award is financed jointly by the University of Edinburgh and DfID. The award will cover:
- All tuition fees;
- Air fare to and from the United Kingdom;
- Expenses for accommodation and maintenance. Payments for the academic year 2023-2024 are set at £1,347 per month for the programme of study.
How-to-Apply: Application for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme should be made through the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission’s Electronic Application System (EAS). More details including how to access the Electronic Application System (EAS) can be found on the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission’s website.
Application Deadline: December 14, 2023