CESVI Job Recruitment for Project Manager: The CESVI – EU is seeking for applicants for the post of project manager. The position is located in Tunisia and Libya. CESVI is operating in Libya since 2011 as the first Italian NGO to take action, in the aftermath of the Arab Spring, through humanitarian projects in Cyrenaica and Tripolitania.
Nowadays CESVI is one of leading NGOs in Libya, very active in the coordination of various sector working groups. It has been implementing programs supporting mixed migrants, IDPs and vulnerable host communities through service provision.
Job Title: Project manager
Job Position: Project manager
Institution/Agency: CESVI – EU
Practice Area: Management – PROGRAMME
Job Location: Tunisia and Libya
Job Level: Graduate Level Degree
Job Type: Full time
Country: Tunisia and Libya
Duties and Responsibilities:
The collaboration will start in January 2021.
The main duty station will be the Country Office in Tunis, with regular missions to Libya when security conditions allow it.
Under the supervision of the Area Programme Manager (APM), the Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of the “Leaving No One Behind: CSOs for an inclusive society” 3-year project (budget 2M EURO) funded by the European Union in Libya, supported by a Project Assistant and in close coordination with transversal roles supporting this project: Technical Unit, Area Administration, Operations, Security and MEAL staff.
S/he will be responsible for the implementation of Cesvi’s Civil Society project in Libya, managing and overseeing the quality and timely implementation of the project and its activities, and supervise the Field Coordinator. The work plan agreed upon between Cesvi and the EU determines the nature of the project and the activities to be implemented:
Ensure that project activities are implemented on time and according to the approved project proposal
- Ensure timely and duly management of the project and implementation of all activities listed in the Action Plan with high quality and timely deliverables in close cooperation with partners and in synergy with other interventions in the area.
- Manage and guide staff members and Service providers contracted by Cesvi to work on the activities and objectives listed in the Action Plan and ensuring that their work is conducted in a timely manner and hold high quality
- Organize monthly projet meetings with staff and Service Providers and the Steering Committee meetings
- Undertake monitoring missions to assess progress of implementation, including baseline and end line assessments
- Develop MoUs, contracts and TORs for specific activities to be submitted to HQ for revision (Legal dept) and authorization of signature (desk officer)
- Develop procedures for sub-grants to CSOs and informal community groups, in coordination with the EU
- Review all deliverables and reports submitted by the Service Providers to ensure that the quality hold the expected standard of quality
- Produce accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual activity progress reports, and procurement plans
- Contribute to the creation and sharing of knowledge by summarizing and documenting results, lessons learned and good practices from the implementation of the project
- Monitor budget execution, approving project disbursements, liaising with the APM on budgetary changes if required and support the Area Administrator on financial reporting
- Establish operating arrangements for Service Providers’ technical and financial management and accountability, including ensuring all supporting documents are maintained and an orderly filing system is in place
- Coordination with HQ and APM for visibility activities related to the project
- Liaise with the APM throughout the project cycle, informing on progress and obstacles in the implementation and provide necessary documentation upon request
- Participate in coordination meetings and other relevant partners fora
- Coordinate with other APM/PMs to promote synergy
- Efficient management of the office, goods and means
- Any other tasks deemed necessary to achieve the project objectives
Human Resources management
- Manage Cesvi and partner’s staff assigning specific tasks and objectives to ensure the achievement of the goal of the project, according to MoU provisions.
- Staff coaching and performace evaluation according to the project’s activities and in compliance with applicable procedures
- Direct coordination of project’s staff ensuring alignment with administrative and security matters
Implementation of Safeguarding policies –Adult at risk/Child Safeguarding/PSEA
- Ensure compliance with Cesvi Safeguarding Policies and full implementation of Safeguarding measures within his/her area of responsibility throughout the projects activities
- Ensure the implementation of the project complaints and feedback mechanism (CFM) in accordance with Cesvi CFM Guidelines
- Organization of adequate capacity building, training, mentoring and advice to project staff and partners
- Staff and partners behavior appraisal with relation to ethical and relevant standards
Development of Cesvi presence in the country:
- Participation in sectorial clusters, sharing periodical update with HoM and APM
- Support in analysis and needs assessments for new projects
- Contribute to Cesvi’s strategy on the field
- In coordination with the HoM and the HQ, contribution to donors’ relations and promotion, through meeting and presentations and through direct organization of best practices events in Libya and Tunisia.
Required Skills and Experience:
- University degree in International Relations, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, humanitarian assistance, social work, human rights, international law and/or Cooperation and development or another appropriate field
- Minimum 5 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in project management in IOs/INGOs, including in both protracted crisis and/or development contexts
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment
- Prior experience in working with CSOs as main target group
- Prior experience in Libya (ideal) and/or other complex areas in the Maghreb or Middle East
- Familiarity with capacity building processes
- Sound knowledge of project cycle management
- Experience in programme/project planning, design, follow-up, monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control
- Proven experience in personnel management and in capacity building
- High level of IT skills (Office package)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Solid capacity in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, networking and build effective partnerships with local stakeholders
- Strong results orientation, with proven experience in using results-based management tools
- Excellent report writing and budget management skills
- Proactive and flexible approach in dealing with project tasks
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively
- Proven ability to deliver in a timely manner
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Strategic thinking and innovation
- Self-driven attitude, ability to take the initiative and work independently.
- Experience managing EU funded projects
- Work experience in Libya
- Knowledge of Arabic and French
- Experience in professional development through training, coaching and mentoring
- Familiarity with HRs and gender approaches
- Experience with refugees, migrants and IDPs support programs
You May Also Like: KPMG Nigeria Fresh Job Recruitment – September 2020
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants are required to apply for the CESVI – EU job through online application at the official website.
Please note: due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2020