Call for Application: NELGA Research Fellowship for African Researchers: Entries are requested from qualified and highly motivated researchers to apply for a research fellowships under the “Network of Excellence for Land Governance in Africa (NELGA” during the COVID-19 crisis. As the world continue to search for an authentic cure for the corona virus, NELGA wishes to support research aiming at investigating how COVID-19 and related measures potentially affect housing, land, and property rights in African countries as well as deliver high-quality research on the implications of COVID-19 on land governance institutions and systems.
The “Network of Excellence for Land Governance in Africa (NELGA)” is a partnership of outstanding African universities and research institutions with proven leadership in education, training and research on land governance. Applicants are encouraged to apply for funding for special NELGA research fellowships during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): NELGA
Fellowship to be taken at: Africa
Fellowship level: Researchers
Fellowship Worth: Research Allowance
Subject Eligibility: Land governance.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The fellowship is for students from Africa.
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Call for Application: NELGA Research Fellowship for African Researchers, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have completed at least a first degree from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Applicants must be nationals of an African country.
- Applicants must be granted leave of absence by their home institution for the purpose of conducting a study.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong leadership and research skills which will be very useful during the fellowship program.
- Applicants must be willing to abide by the regulations governing the conduct of fellows as stipulated by NELGA.
- Clinton Foundation Covid-19 Student Action Fund 2020
- Marie Sklodowska –Curie Fellowship for International Researchers 2020
Application procedures for the Call for Application: NELGA Research Fellowship for African Researchers
How to Apply
Applicants are to register online via the DAAD-Portal
Applicants are to apply online
Documents to be submitted includes:
- Curriculum Vitae to include list of publications (if applicable)
- Detailed description of the research proposal and a description of previous research work (max. 10 pages)
- Schedule of planned research work
- University certificates received till date with individual grades including explanation of grading systems.
- Recent reference from a university teacher which provides information about applicant’s qualifications.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2020