The British Council is seeking to recruit the service of a programme manager for the EU – ECOWAS Scholarship Programme under its education and society department. The position is fixed term contract with a Pay band of 7 ending April 2022 and is located in Nigeria, Senegal or Ghana, Sub Saharan Africa.
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world.
British Council Recruitment for Programme Manager | ROLE PURPOSE
- This role will work with Director Programmes, Director Higher Education, Skills and Enterprise and other members of the Higher Education, Skills and Enterprise team in Nigeria, scholarship support and delivery teams in other West Africa locations and HQ to manage the recruitment, selection, placement of candidates on the EU- ECOWAS (European Union Economic Community of West African States) Scholarships programme.
- The post holder will provide efficient management of the Scholarships programme at a cluster level, provide management support to country delivery teams across the 4 programme host locations and ensure effective planning and the delivery of key milestones as outlined in the programmes’ Description of Action (DOA).
- Fluent level of spoken and written English – level B2
- University degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of scholarship management / administration experience
- At least 5 years programme management and delivery experience
- Proven experience organising and managing events in West Africa
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships with external clients, partners and stakeholders
- Experience delivering large scale contracts for donors / clients such as the European Union
Role Specific Skills:
- Working knowledge of the Higher Education sector, structure, systems and discourse
- An understanding of Higher Education sector priorities across SSA.
- A working knowledge and understanding of local and international scholarships models and delivery processes.
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.
- Successful candidate will be based in their current location.
Naira 13,410,959 per annum (Nigeria), XOF 24,295,116 per annum (Senegal), GHS 93,012 per annum (Ghana).
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 8th February, 2021.