The British Council is calling for applications from suitable individuals that will be contracted as an Arts and Social Media Intern, Nigeria and West Africa. The internship will be for 6 months and support the British Council West Africa Arts team to deliver programmes in line with country, regional and corporate priorities.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. They create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries.
Company/Organisation: British Council
Program Type: Graduate Internship
Program Location: Nigeria and West Africa
Program Duration: 6 Months
Available Slots: Not specified
Basic Qualifications: Recent Graduates
Nationality: Not Specified
British Council Arts and Social Media Intern | Approach and Activities
The selected intern will be contracted for a maximum of 6 months to provide the services and deliverables as articulated at the start of the consultancy with reasonable skill, care and ability in accordance with the standards set by British Council in any contractual agreement associated with these Terms of Reference.
The approach for delivery will be working five days per week, remotely and on occasion at the British Council office in Lagos as safety precautions permit.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Arts Management, the intern will support with Administrative tasks, social media management and content generation for our Arts programme with duties including (but not limited to):
- Support with administrative comms and requests for information
- Uploading posts and answering basic enquiries on social media
- Work with Digital manager for the planning and promotion of content
- Supporting campaign management and optimisation across multiple channels
- Creation and editing of creative images and animation content
- Assist Email management and optimization.
- Any other task as reasonably requested by the Digital Manager or a senior member of the Arts team.
Essential” The ideal candidate should:
- Have an interest in the Arts, digital media and social media marketing.
- Be a recent graduate (graduated within the last 2 years) with excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills in English;
- Be computer literate with a high degree of proficiency in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with social media, video and graphic design tools.
- Experience with creating content for the web such as blogging or video blogging would be an added advantage.
N75,000 Naira monthly
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one PDF attachment to: Arts.Nigeria@britishcouncil.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 11th April, 2021.
- This is a short-term intern position; intern roles are not a prelude to longer term employment with the organisation. If opportunities for further paid employment arise, these will be advertised and interns who apply will be considered against the same criteria as other applicants.
- Only shortlisted entries will be contacted by Friday 16 April 2021 to move on to the next stage.