BAFF Research Scholars Program in the United States 2020: The Baltic-American Freedom Foundation (BAFF) hereby announces the spring 2020/21 application for the Research Scholarship Program for researchers to be taken in the United States of America. Applicants are to prepare for the spring application cycle commencing soon.
The Research Scholar Program fosters the exchange of ideas between the Baltic states and the U.S thereby stimulating international collaboration and research efforts. It provides invaluable career and personal development opportunities for participants to leverage roles upon return to their home countries and institutions.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Baltic-American Freedom Foundation
Fellowship to be taken at: USA
Fellowship level: Professionals
Fellowship Slots: Not specified
Fellowship Worth: $60,000 for project cost, family allowance
Subject Eligibility: Any discipline
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The fellowship is for candidates from the Baltic states.
You may also like: Postdoctoral Academy Scholars Program at Harvard University 2020
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the BAFF Research Scholars Program in the United States 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be academic and research professionals that hold a postgraduate degree or have a significant relevant professional experience. Applicants must be able to design and develop their own projects.
- Applicants must agree to return to their home country for a minimum of two years immediately after the scholar’s program to contribute to the development of their communities.
- Applicants must not be immediate family members that are BAFF employees, BAFF Advisory Board, or Board of Directors members.
- Applicants must have demonstrated a track record of achievement with professional objectives that match the values and mission of BAFF.
- Applicants must be able to serve as a cultural ambassador to the U.S.
- Applicants are to come up with research projects that will likely impact their home country or home institution upon completion.
- University of California Fellowships in Radiological Sciences, 2020
- PLAAS Postgraduate Scholarships and Fellowships in South Africa
Application Procedures for the BAFF Research Scholars Program in the United States 2020
Applicants are to ensure that they submit the following documents required to complete their application:
- Application form for the BAFF program
- CV or Resume: PDF
- Letter of invitation from your U.S. host institution: (PDF)
- Letter of Recommendation: (PDF) The letter should be from your home institution.
- Statement of proposed study or research: (PDF) In no more than 1,000 words describe your research plans and reasons for wishing to undertake them. Be as specific and well defined as possible. It should contain the following: Project title; Summary/abstract of project goals and objectives; Detailed description of project; Dates and duration of project; Specific information about resources available only at the host institution; Likely impact and benefits on home institution or home country upon completion.
Application Deadline: October 31st for the Spring cycle